Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/7/2010 11:08:27 AM EDT
I ordered (2) 5rd mags for my LAR-8 to be compliant for hunting in most states. They arrived 30 minutes ago.

I spent the last 25 minutes trying to extract one then the other (stupid me.. first one got stuck why try the second one)

from the mag well. The both mags clicked into the mag well then would not release when I pushed the mag drop button.

Had to use a screw driver and use enough force to push them out (not as easy as I make it sound).

These things are JUNK!!!!

To top it off I called D.S.Arms to let them know of the problem and get return shipping info.and got attitude. Anyone else

have problems with the 5 rounders from DS Arms?
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 4:33:12 PM EDT
[#1]
This is the mag designed for an FAL? Do they advertise it to fit and function in your LAR 8?
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 7:05:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
This is the mag designed for an FAL? Do they advertise it to fit and function in your LAR 8?

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 8:40:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes they advertise it to work in the RRA LAR-8 to make it legal in most states in order to hunt with.  I would like to see D.S.Arms take responsibility

for something they produce that doesn't work. I also don't want any other member here to order this item and expect it to work. I can see one mag. not

working ,but 2 out of 2 not working is a problem and they( DS Arms) needs to acknowledge it.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 8:48:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Nothing on DSA's website says they work in the RRA LAR-8.

http://www.dsarms.com/FAL-Metric-5-Round-Steel-Hunting-Mag––-1175/productinfo/1175/
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:29:47 AM EDT
[#5]
I would try to find somebody locally with a FAL to try those mags in. If they work fine in a FAL start looking at the rear catch mechanism on the LAR. Take a micrometer and measure the catch on the back of the DSA mag and a known good FAL mag that works in the LAR. It could be the rear catch on the magazine might need a little filing to work correctly with the LAR.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:59:22 AM EDT
[#6]
DSA specifically says this mag will not work in LAR-8s because of magwell clearance.  Its not working by design, no reason to bash DSA b/c you are using a product designed for a different gun in a different application.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:10:35 PM EDT
[#7]
OK stipid me. Since the LAR uses Fal mags I thought that it would work. I still see nothing in their ad saying.... OH by the way it won't work

in the RRA Lar8.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:23:52 PM EDT
[#8]
 Why?  They don't make the LAR-8, and they don't make magazines for it.  They do make magazines for metric FALs though. If you want to be mad at anyone, be mad at RRA for not selling magazines for their own rifles.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 2:51:54 PM EDT
[#9]
OP was thinking,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,dpmmn
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top