Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/14/2004 5:24:55 PM EDT
I have my 16" Bushmaster uppers at Adco and that was their question to me.  I may get a sound suppressor at some point so would it be better to have a flash suppressor screwed on?  Is there any advantage of having it permanently attached?
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:26:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Get it screwed on. No sense limiting yourself.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:26:38 PM EDT
[#2]
the advantage of the permant Hider is shorter barrel but personally I would get the thread so you can attach a suppressor later
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:31:40 PM EDT
[#3]
The ONLY reason to have a flash suppressor permanently attached is if the barrel is less than the 16" limit and the suppressor brings it above the legal limit.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:37:50 PM EDT
[#4]
May I be the first to say "Screw It".

You didn't think an open line like that could be left alone long on this place, did you??????
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:38:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys.  I forgot about the <16" barrels but as I mentioned above, it's 16" so I'm good to go.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:43:00 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
May I be the first to say "Screw It".

You didn't think an open line like that could be left alone long on this place, did you??????

At 12:01AM on September 13th, I Dremmeled off the welds on the muzzle nut from my 'post-ban' AK-47 (that had enough U.S. parts) and screwed on an AK-74 style muzzlebreak.  So I got some screwing in pretty early after the ban sunset.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:46:35 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
The ONLY reason to have a flash suppressor permanently attached is if the barrel is less than the 16" limit and the suppressor brings it above the legal limit.

+1

Besides, if you don't have various extra FH's lying around (and a few extra crush/peel washers) you're not trying hard enough!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top