Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/7/2003 5:20:20 PM EDT
After the sunset, what are the possibilities that the prices on these are going to go down to what they are being sold to LEOs in Shotgun News? I'm really curious to see how all of this is going to pan out when some dealers are no longer getting the $500-700 per mag.
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 8:10:02 PM EDT
i get a warm feeling in my heart, and a HUGE smile on my face, when i think about bump firing a Beta C mag, as the 30 rounders just don't do it for me (they are gone way to fast). i have yet to do so, because there is NO way i will pay more for a mag than i did my rifle. BUT after the sunset, IF the prices drop to the LE level (somewhere in the $200's), i will SOOOO be there.
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 11:24:34 PM EDT
IIRC, before the ban they were always 400 min retail, as they were never sold directly to the public....
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 11:52:56 PM EDT
Zero.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 3:26:19 AM EDT
Beta does not really like to sell to the civilian market. Before the ban or after does not matter to them. Anything you find after the ban expires will probably be refurbished anyway and will still be affected by market demand, availability, and dealer mark up costs. Hope that good individuals like Rueben Mendola are still in business by then and maybe we will see $350 betas on the market again. As far as private sales go, who knows how much of a hit individuals are willing to take to sell off old models gathering dust on their shelfs. LEO prices of betas are still between $250 and $295 for NIW units and slowly escalating.
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 1:05:24 AM EDT
I find the Beta C a complete waste of money for semi-auto, but if I had an RDIAS I'd likely sing a different tune. Then again, I'd probably work on getting a SHRIKE.
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 11:53:38 AM EDT
I don't need a Beta... But if the price is right and of course pending no new legislation after the sunset of the AWB, I would purchase some betas. In case of (Shiver) Another AWB...(Shudder, convusion...Vomit) Sly Mrs. Brady, why don't you go outside and play a game of, "Hide and go F_@K yourself"?
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 12:13:29 PM EDT
I bet all those people who are good at hip firing, would [b]LOVE[/b] one.
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 12:36:47 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Spooge5150: I bet all those people who are good at hip firing, would [b]LOVE[/b] one.
View Quote
AMEN!!! that's why i cant wait. i "think" i can go as fast as full auto, (i really don't want to start a pissing contest with that statement) as i just can't afford a "real" happy switch. and those 30's run out too fast for me.
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 6:40:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/11/2003 6:41:09 PM EDT by SJSAMPLE]
Wouldn't the added mass of a full Beta mag reduce the recoil and make bump firing more difficult, if not impossible?
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 7:32:13 PM EDT
no need for one, i've only got a semi-auto [:(]
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 10:37:34 PM EDT
Originally Posted By SJSAMPLE: Wouldn't the added mass of a full Beta mag reduce the recoil and make bump firing more difficult, if not impossible?
View Quote
I wasnt gonna say anything, but since you are outo n a limb, I will add this... I am accomplished at the bump (NOT as good as USN_Retired_Joe, the bumpmaster)... I could NOT get my AR/Beta combo to bump. It was indeed a weight issue IMHO. YMMV
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 11:50:45 PM EDT
Already got mine, but they were designed to be disposable, so I would like to get another before something other than the tower wears out. Got an MGW drum, but my M16 is snooty and demands the C-mag. What I really need is a C-mag for Hk's and FAL's. If you can't pony up for a C-Mag (or Shrike if it ever comes out), try looking for the British made Sterling 40rd magazines, and band two of them together!
Top Top