Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/1/2005 9:47:29 AM EDT
Question.  Just got my MagPul trigger guard, and Im not sure how to remove the roll pin.  I tried gently hitting it out with a punch, but it doesn't seem to want to move.

No directions came with the trigger guard, is there some way that i'm missing to get this roll pin out?

Don
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:56:53 AM EDT
[#1]
btt
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:58:25 AM EDT
[#2]
I use a punch.  Just the the correct size, and *support* the other side with a block of wood.  Just get it moving, then it will be easier.  Biggest trouble here is failure to support the thin ear of the trigger guard.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:05:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Being REAL Stubborn

trying some breakfree on it..any other tips or tricks?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:52:50 AM EDT
[#4]
I just use a punch or the proper sized drillbit if I cant find a punch. Shouldn't be that hard but they can be a bit stubborn.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 11:32:55 AM EDT
[#5]
It was very stubborn...had to use a black sharpie to touch up a little ding on the lower reciever...

any better way to touch up?

Don
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 11:37:49 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
It was very stubborn...had to use a black sharpie to touch up a little ding on the lower reciever...

Don

Thats what I use.... but Alumahyde is better.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 12:22:22 PM EDT
[#7]
THANKS FALARAK   'PRECIATE IT

D
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:35:07 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Don

Yep.

Frisbee it out onto your driveway.

You won't even notice that little scratch.

Seriously, I don't worry about them. They all seem to add up too quickly for me to fix anyway.

WIZZO
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top