Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 11/5/2003 8:40:58 PM EST
[Last Edit: 11/5/2003 8:41:57 PM EST by Boom_Stick]
I have an Oly Arms pistol caliber [upper] receiver that is going to become a new 223 receiver. After removing the flip ejector I have two big holes on each side.
I was thinking of using JB weld like bondo and painting the area.

Thoughts? Better solutions (besides just leaving the holes alone)?
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 8:51:54 PM EST
I'm far from being an expert, but I would recommend JB Weld. I'm not sure if structural integrity is an issue going to .223. I'll leave that to the experts.
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 9:07:27 PM EST
Find a local TIG welder that accepts beer as payment, go get some Aluma Black or whatever it is and go to town. Otherwise, just get one of the uppers that are on sale now and again for $80 or whatever.
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 9:15:54 PM EST
i say you sell that lower as a 9mm ready lower...and skip the hassel and use that money to purchase a new lower [brick]
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 10:54:53 PM EST
If it's a flat-top, I'd buy it from you to replace the A2 upper on my Oly 9mm.
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 7:36:05 AM EST
JB Weld is the standard repair for mistakes on 80%/0% projects.
Top Top