Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 10/6/2007 8:18:11 AM EST
Ive got a CTR stock and vickers 2 point sling... I dont know what I need to buy to attatch the rear of the sling. I saw this http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=225 quick detatch stud, but what would be the other part of it I would need to buy? Or should I look at something totally different? Any help appreciated.
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 8:39:47 AM EST
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 11:52:34 AM EST
+1 on a QD

Link Posted: 10/6/2007 2:45:58 PM EST
Is that link that I posted above the only part I would need to order? I thought I would have to have something else for the part to actually fit into rather than just the plastic on the ctr stock?? Maybe I am missing what all is included...
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 3:04:09 PM EST

Originally Posted By Remmy:
Is that link that I posted above the only part I would need to order? I thought I would have to have something else for the part to actually fit into rather than just the plastic on the ctr stock?? Maybe I am missing what all is included...

As long as you can get the QD onto the sling. My BFG Vickers sling had the QD's from the factory
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 7:23:19 AM EST
There is metal inside the stock where the QD attaches. It looks like its all plastic, but there is metal.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 5:01:00 PM EST
Ok, great thanks for the help here. I did doubt that it was metal. I guess ill give it a try...
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 1:37:18 AM EST
I bought a QD sling swivel and used it for 3 months w/ my Vickers, till I took it to a WRSA Intermediate Rifle Class. I found that the QD had a tendency when I mounted my rifle quickly, to position the sling's slack so that it got between my buttstock and shoulder. Using the molded in sling slot on the bottom caused the rifle to roll outwards and feel clumsy. I ended up attatching it to the center molded slot and turned the closest keeper upside down and it worked like a charm. FWIW
Top Top