Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/13/2005 9:30:54 PM EDT
Mine if factory DPMS and I have no idea what it is but its heavy.  It is accurate off the bench but is too heavy to be effective standing at over 100 yards for vamints.  What is a good trigger weight that will be safe for a semi auto.  I see the JARD triggers come preset in either 1,2, or 3 up to 5 pound settings.  or there are always the adjustable ones but I'd rather have something permanent I didn't have to screw around with.  
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 10:06:26 PM EDT
[#1]
what are your intentions for the rifle?

bench, comp, hunting or plinking?

Link Posted: 3/14/2005 3:38:15 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
what are your intentions for the rifle?

bench, comp, hunting or plinking?

That is the question, I use two different triggers:  1) For load development and prairie dog hunting I use a single-stage trigger that is set at about 1-1/2#

2) For predator or big-game hunting I use a two-stage trigger that has a crisp break but it is probably about 3-1/2#.

The two-stage take up gives you a margin of safty when in the field.  the single-stage trigger that I use I don't think is safe for use with gloves.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top