Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/25/2014 9:53:20 PM EDT
I fairly new to the building, but I have picked up some parts, most have been at somewhat of a premium. I'm in the process of acquiring some parts for AR's. I see several places that are having some pretty good "Black Friday" sales. Is "Black Friday" the best time to pick up parts? Do some websites offer deals year around? Is now a better time to pick "X and Y" parts and get the "A,B and C's" later?
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 10:09:33 PM EDT
[#1]

its a gamble, but I know I can save 15-30% this time of the year.

I buy all year long, sometimes you find deals that are hard to pass up in June. Don't get into massive debt or put off something that your family needs so you can save an extra 15% on AR parts.

Link Posted: 11/25/2014 10:19:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I buy all year long, sometimes you find deals that are hard to pass up in June. Don't get into massive debt or put off something that your family needs so you can save an extra 15% on AR parts.

View Quote

No debt here, its just extra funds. I've spent the reserves, but its amazing how much you can save up when you skip lunch.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 10:23:49 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

No debt here, its just extra funds. I've spent the reserves, but its amazing how much you can save up when you skip lunch.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

yeah, buying lunch that is.  3-4 PB+J's a week saves enough for a couple nice builds.

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:06:14 AM EDT
[#4]
I have found in the past that you can get some good deals right about now.

I have also noticed that from now until about the end of May parts are somewhat scarce. Not that you can't find them at all it just becomes a game of nobody has EVERYTHING at once and shipping starts to add up. This year may be different, only time well tell.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 9:05:49 AM EDT
[#5]
The main thing is you don't want to buy between September and December during a major election year.  We didn't see a big run up in prices this year because it was a mid-term election and thankfully the gun grabbing Dems for the most part took it in the shorts.  However in years where the outlook isn't so good a lot of panic buying tends to drive prices up.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top