Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/24/2006 9:41:56 AM EDT
Anybody got a recommendation on spotting scopes/kits for hopefully not alot more than 5 Franklins?

I am currently leaning towards Leupold or Nikon, but have an open mind as I don't have tremendous experience with this particular type of optic.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 10:08:20 AM EDT
[#1]
All the scope you will probably ever need.

Works great for me.  Of course I don't shoot much over 600 yards.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 2:23:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought the Nikon 20-60X80 from Adorama.com for $434.  I was going to write a review of this scope but I got called away urgently and did not have time to do that.  I did take it to the range this past Saturday, and I got to play with it quite a bit.  I am extremely pleased with my acquisition.

I did use it at the HP match the week before for 200,300 and 600 yards and it worked great.

I intend to get the other eyepieces as soon as I get a chance.  
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:05:33 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I've heard a lot of bad things about those Winny scopes, of course that's just hearsay.  

You have no problem seeing .223 holes at 2-300 yards?
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:33:51 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've heard a lot of bad things about those Winny scopes, of course that's just hearsay.  

You have no problem seeing .223 holes at 2-300 yards?

I normally use it at 100 yrds and have no problems seeing the .223 holes.  At 1000 yrds it is supposed to be like being 18 ft away.  I don't know if it actually performs that well or not.  I would say not.  For the money...you can't beat it.  I will say it's very clear at 100 yrds.  I've used it before at 600 yards but I wasn't using a .223.  I could see the holes just fine at that range.  Try it and see.  If you don't like it...throw it back on eBay and make 90% of your money back.  I find no reason to spend $500 on a spotting scope.  Hope that helps.

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top