Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/1/2011 9:33:04 AM EDT
Looking at the sig556 SWAT. What is the feedback?
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 9:52:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 10:05:49 AM EDT
[#2]
want to get feedback on that configuration. Im new to this AR pistol thing. Not sure how to throw around the wording. Is the sig556SWAT pistol a good weapon?
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 12:16:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I personally prefer to have the buffer tube to cheek/shoulder. If you want super compact package then get something like the SIg. Most any pistol round will put more energy into a target at closer ranges like you mentioned, say less than 25yrs. My idea behind the ar pistol is light firepower for 100yrds +/- with easy large ammo reloads. Having multiple points of contact makes hitting targets that fare out easy, with only a pistol grip not so much.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 4:41:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I personally prefer to have the buffer tube to cheek/shoulder. If you want super compact package then get something like the SIg. Most any pistol round will put more energy into a target at closer ranges like you mentioned, say less than 25yrs. My idea behind the ar pistol is light firepower for 100yrds +/- with easy large ammo reloads. Having multiple points of contact makes hitting targets that fare out easy, with only a pistol grip not so much.

+1

Buy it it's good stuff, price is sub $1000, I paid $1500 P.O. (Pre-Obama) and sent to Sig to add the rails for $400 more. Sold it for $1600 cash though. I was wanting the cheek weld and a magnifier and it's more of a sprayer if that makes any sense. I considered an AK Draco too but same thing, I think you're just meant to start firing and walk your shots in . A good single point sling held taut will let you brace it but... Both hands are able to rotate and things can get wild. I'm getting an AR for half of what I sold the Sig for. Get a light/laser, that is what it begs for. But NO forward grip! Not legal!! It's designed well and an extremely cool weapon but the mini rifle setup has it's advantages. Hell, collect em all! Be great in the car...

Dave in FL
"evil is not overcome by fleeing from it..." - Jeff Cooper

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:10:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Sorry, just realized you might have been wanting alternate ideas, I have one of these on layaway.

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o283/unilineartuba/b9bc9ad6.png

Specs are good, 1 year warranty, price is very good. Email me for details, I've posted them before but I don't want to blab too much. Look at the picture thread and maybe contact the owners for details. You might want to consider 7.62 cal as well, short as 7in, and use hollow points. Besides a light/laser, some plain MBUS backup sights, some mags, possibly a grip change, possibly a sling, a blast directing compensator, and a tennis racket case...

All you'd need is a target. Is that the kind of setup recommendation you wanted?
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top