Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/8/2002 8:27:21 AM EDT
Hi Shooters:  What is your opinion on the best replacement trigger/hammer assembly for a 16" Bushmaster set up with an Aimpoint CompM?  The factory trigger is about 7lbs pull with some gritty creep.  It still shoots great, though.  Information appreciated.
Link Posted: 12/8/2002 8:47:46 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a Jewell and like it a lot.  It's a two stage, and adjustable on both stages.  I think they're around 175.00 from a retailer.  I found mine on E bay for 100.00
Link Posted: 12/8/2002 9:46:05 AM EDT
[#2]
RRA NM Trigger- drop-in, smooth first stage, crisp second stage, and you don't have to adjust s#!t.

I love mine. - check the E.E. - Pete-in-NH has them for a good price.

Tony
Link Posted: 12/8/2002 10:39:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
RRA NM Trigger- drop-in, smooth first stage, crisp second stage, and you don't have to adjust s#!t.

I love mine. - check the E.E. - Pete-in-NH has them for a good price.

Tony
View Quote

I'll second that [:D]

Jamie
Link Posted: 12/8/2002 10:43:36 AM EDT
[#4]
third.
Link Posted: 12/8/2002 11:05:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Knight's if you can find one.
Link Posted: 12/8/2002 2:44:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Two stage triggers are very nice... for bench guns. For a run and gun rig like the carbine with Aimpoint he is talking about, I would highly reccomend the JP Enterprise or Accuracy Speaks single stage triggers. The Accuracy Speaks trigger get the edge because it does not use set screws and is pretty easy to install yourself. For a general purpose rifle, a crisp and light single stage trigger will, generally speaking, serve you much better than a double stage trigger.
Link Posted: 12/8/2002 3:31:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Two stage triggers are very nice... for bench guns. For a run and gun rig like the carbine with Aimpoint he is talking about, I would highly reccomend the JP Enterprise or Accuracy Speaks single stage triggers. The Accuracy Speaks trigger get the edge because it does not use set screws and is pretty easy to install yourself. For a general purpose rifle, a crisp and light single stage trigger will, generally speaking, serve you much better than a double stage trigger.
View Quote

I agree.
The trigger from Accuracy Speaks is the best, if not, one of the best single stage triggers in the market.
I've had nothing but good experiences with the ones I have.
Link Posted: 12/8/2002 4:15:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks to all for the input.  Actually, I'd already had my thoughts on the Accuracyspeaks trigger, but it is good to get lots of input before plunking down the cash.  Thanks again, and good shooting to all.
Link Posted: 12/8/2002 4:15:31 PM EDT
[#9]
I personally dont feel at any disadvantage using a 2 stage trigger for CQB.  It really is no slower or harder to use.  The takeup is something that is so short you will never notice it for snapshooting and the reset is not too bad either.  Perhaps the 2 stage is .075 seconds slower on a follow up but its not something you will notice.  Also the set screws are not an issue IMHO as our military uses the Knights trigger in combat and I have never, ever heard of one having the set screws come loose.  

That said the Knights 2 stage trigger is the best trigger for an AR15 made and is the easiest to install.  Litteraly a 3 minute job for an amature.  No fitting or adjusting necessary.  It is also the most expensive and hardest to find.  If cost is an issue then get an Accuracy Speaks single stage or a RRA 2 stage.  Both are excellent but not as good as the Knights.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top