Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/1/2006 7:01:42 AM EDT
I have not purchased any components for a while but am about to pull the trigger on a quality upper. What is the latest news on the best quality lowers? I am looking purely for accuracy and not tactical anything.

Thanks
Mark
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:03:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Lowers don't have much of an effect on accuracy.  The part in the lower that matters most in this respect is the trigger - and most people looking for accuracy replace the stock fire control group with a nice match trigger.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 10:13:09 AM EDT
[#2]

my 0.02 -- get a bushy lower and a CMC drop-in trigger.

ar-jedi

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:38:00 AM EDT
[#3]
+1 for the lower being nothing more than a housing for your parts.

i prefer bushmaster though.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 10:01:04 AM EDT
[#4]
STAG ARMS!!!
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 10:08:02 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
my 0.02 -- get a bushy lower and a CMC drop-in trigger.

ar-jedi

losdos.dyndns.org:8080/public/misc2/DSCN0655_sm.jpg

+1 on the CMC. I love mine. Just went on a trip and was using my buddys GAP AR10 and he wanted to take my lower because he liked the CMC better than his RRA 2 stage. We also use my lower when testing loads and shooting for groups.
You wont go wrong with the Bushy lower.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:52:55 AM EDT
[#6]
I have built several ARs using RRA lowers. For fit, finish and $$$ I dont think you can go wrong with RRA.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:36:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Beauty, thanks guys. I have Oly, Colt, Armalite and RRA lowers and of those, I like the RRA best. I might try a bushy this time.

Where is the best (read cheapest) place to get a CMC trigger? Do I have to get them direct or are there dealers?

Thanks again
Mark
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 8:03:05 AM EDT
[#8]
talon arms
dennysguns
csgunworks
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 8:14:22 AM EDT
[#9]
I have both bushy and RRA lowers. I like the finish on the bushy better. Although the price I paid for the RRA lower was decent (complete A2 lower w/NM trigger) 270.00 shipped. For the money RRA is a  good choice. But bushy is still tops in my book overall.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:16:03 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
+1 for the lower being nothing more than a housing for your parts.

I would say otherwise... there are cases (including a recent thread here) of rifles having problems due to out of spec mag wells, I have seen one manufacturer that had a run of horrible triggers due to the pin holes being improperly located... parts set twisted in the lower, poorly fitting, receiver extension tubes that are not on the CL, you name it.

If you are happy and can live with *whatever* lower, that is cool... some people simply can not.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top