Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/20/2006 10:02:37 PM EDT
I'm looking for a set of standard "mil-spec" black M4 Handguards. I wondered if you guy's could guide me in the right direction as far as quality. I'd like them to be as close to USGI issue as possible, and of high quality. Preferable double heat shielded.

Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:04:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Colt Double heat shields

check the EE
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:05:36 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Colt Double heat shields

check the EE

+1
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:12:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Checked the EE but not seeing them. Do you know who the seller is?

Thanks again
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:24:45 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Checked the EE but not seeing them. Do you know who the seller is?

Thanks again

i'd tell you that i have a couple of sets for sale (i do, somewhere in the used AR parts thread), but there is another member there (pcf) who has some for $25 (cheaper than me)
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:27:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Get them from Bushmaster. Much better quality than Colt. I have, or have had, "M4" handguards from Colt, Stag, Bushmaster, DPMS, and I think, CavArms.

The Bushmaster and Colt are the only double shield design I have come across. The Bushy's have better fit, finish, and in my opinion, better design. Since the lawsuit has passed, they are available again. By the way, if you get them off the EE, make sure you know what you are getting as the older Bushy M4's are single shielded...

Happy hunting.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 12:13:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Colt handguards are compression molded, so they won't melt.

Most other mfrs use injection molded handguards because they are cheaper. They can melt.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 12:44:11 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Colt handguards are compression molded, so they won't melt.

Most other mfrs use injection molded handguards because they are cheaper. They can melt.

Good info, I didn't realize that. I'll watch for Colt, but if nothing turns up I'll go with the Bushies.

Thanks for all the help guys
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:23:54 AM EDT
[#8]
My Bushmaster CAR handguards are advertised by bushmaster to be compression molded. They came with the 16" M4 barrel and they fit very very tight. I had some difficulty slipping in the handguards.

I heard the double heat shields retain too much heat in the barrel. I do know that the CAR handguards are fairly light, and that the gas tube is almost entire exposed to the vent holes in the handguards.

If the M4 handguards were cheaper, I would try them.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:45:53 AM EDT
[#9]
CavArms are only single heat shield, but will not melt. There are pictures around here someplace of a heat test they did on one by doing full auto dumps. They fit well and look good.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top