Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/14/2005 1:36:17 PM EDT
I'm making the final transformation and need some leads.

THanks,

bd
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 2:15:36 PM EDT
what type of stock are you looking for?

heres a tacked thread with a lot of info about collapsable stocks

for regular m4 stocks look in the equipment exchange
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:39:08 PM EDT

Originally Posted By bluduk15:

THanks,

bd

Thanks, I still haven't made my mind up. I will most likely go with the standard M4, but I'm also looking for dealer info as well.

bd
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:47:47 PM EDT

THanks,

bd

Thanks, I still haven't made my mind up. I will most likely go with the standard M4, but I'm also looking for dealer info as well.

bd

Are you looking for the 4 or 6 position stock?

What brands are you interested in, Colt, Stag Arms, CMT, LMT or any others?

AR3
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:53:45 PM EDT
I have a factory Colt M4 stock on my Bushy but if I had to do it over again I would have bought a 6pos from CMT for $70 less. Not that it makes a huge difference but if I were you I would only buy a stock that has a mil spec receiver extension.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:16:10 PM EDT
That's the kind of info I'm looking for. I've read the FAQ posted above, but just don't have any experience with the other brands.

Any more experiences with the Colt Mfg 4 or 6 position? What's the real benefit of having 2 more position settings besides the obvious?

Thanks,
bd
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:26:36 PM EDT

That's the kind of info I'm looking for. I've read the FAQ posted above, but just don't have any experience with the other brands.

Any more experiences with the Colt Mfg 4 or 6 position? What's the real benefit of having 2 more position settings besides the obvious?

Thanks,
bd

I think the 6 position extension is a bit longer, so some guys don't like that. I have an LMT SOPMOD myself, and that thing is top notch. Pricey - but it's worth it.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:46:09 PM EDT
I would go with LMT, Colt, Stag or CMT. 4, 5 or 6 positions, in that order. My preference is actually for the SOPMOD though.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 8:30:04 PM EDT

Thanks,
bd

LMT is an exact copy of the Colt M4 and it's also Mil-Spec except the LMT's buffer tube's color is grey. The LMT cost about the same or a little less than Colt.

The Stag Arms which is made for them by CMT is also exactly like the Colt and CMT is a Colt supplier.

The Stag Arms/ CMT is the best value because of it's similar Colt quality but at a low price ($80 for the entire stock kit with all the parts you need).

Look at team member Lancelot's post and his pictures of the Stag/ CMT CAR and M4 stocks.

Link to Stag Arms/ CMT M4 Stocks Pics

The next better stock than the M4 is the LMT SOPMOD. It have a better cheekweld, battery compartments and slightly longer.

LMT SOPMOD Stock

I used to have the Colt 4 position on my former pre-ban carbine but I prefer the 6 position because of it's more extra positions and extra length and larger size.

All of these stocks are available at the Equipment Exchange section.

Other sources of Colt stocks are Hopelite Inc., KY Imports and Specialized Armament Warehouse (SAW).

Good luck.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 10:18:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/14/2005 10:21:28 PM EDT by bluduk15]
Excellent information. This is the most useful place on the internet. I don't buy anything anymore unless I get advice from here.

bd

ETA: If I wanted the LMT SOPMOD, what do I need? The full kit or can I use some of my parts like the buffer tube, spring, etc.?

Link Posted: 9/14/2005 10:29:43 PM EDT
If you want a 6 position M4 stock I would recommend you go tohere or here. The advantage of the Stag stock is that they have a Mil spec buffer tube so you can upgrade to a Vltor, or LMT SOPMOD if you want later on. I have both the Stag and RRA and both work great.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 10:31:45 PM EDT
What stock do you have now? The LMT SOPMOD uses a COLT/CMT/LMT milspec tube, a carbine buffer and spring. If you have an A2 stock, your parts will not work in any collapsible.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:33:36 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Combat_Jack:
What stock do you have now? The LMT SOPMOD uses a COLT/CMT/LMT milspec tube, a carbine buffer and spring. If you have an A2 stock, your parts will not work in any collapsible.

I have the former post-ban "fixed" collapsible. I would think I can use the buffer tube and spring. I also am installing a plate for a one attachment sling.

bd
Top Top