Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/6/2005 2:27:32 PM EDT
Their own website sucks as it is generally out of date with new items and even when it's caught up has only general information about a line as opposed to detailed photos and info about a specific model.  Is there a dealer that has a good representation of the product line on their website?

What I'm specifically looking for is a throw-lever rail mount, 6 volt, tailcap button, no remote pressure switch, weapon light.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 5:20:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 5:33:08 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
FDCC usually is a pretty good place to see most of their AR weapons lights!!!

Unfortunately my South Florida version hasn't quite gotten up to the high speed of you North Florida fellas.

I have the light you are talking about with a different tail cap, but I can easily take a push button tail cap and put it on. FWIW, the light you want to see is called an M952P.

Thanks.  I did a google search and found some pics, and that looks about right.  Any thoughts on 6v vs. 9v?
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 6:13:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 6:20:59 AM EDT
[#4]
So maybe 6v on an SBR and 9v on a 16" carbine?

Any idea of the weight difference, or if Surefire has this info on their sight?
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:12:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 12:43:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 2:11:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 4:41:04 PM EDT
[#8]
i wonder if you can buy the extention piece to add the size in and jsut change the bulbhinking.gif
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:18:58 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
i wonder if you can buy the extention piece to add the size in and jsut change the bulb

Actually, I was kind of wondering the same thing.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 10:42:22 PM EDT
[#10]
The Millennium Series is modular.

The LU60 is the Lamp Module for the M95 (6V)
The LU10 is the Lamp Module for the M96 (9V)

The bezels are different and the lamps are not interchangeable.

However, you could add either an A19 body extender between the TailCap and the body, or an A12 extension between the body and the LU60 Lamp Module of your M95. This would create a three-SF123A body (9V) and require either the P90 or P91 Lamp Assembly instead of the M95's P60 Lamp.
(thinking about it... It may be possible to use an L69 (Classic Series Lamp Module) replacing the LU60)

I suggest that you contact a SureFire Dealer for pricing options.

Al

[Edited to correct important error on my part spotted by BrightFlashlights - I guess I was right to suggest you contact a SureFire Dealer!]
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 4:16:00 AM EDT
[#11]
I know from personal, hands on experience that an older 6P body plus the A19 extension does NOT equal a 9P body length.  The combo did NOT work with a Z32 bezel reliably.

I would ask a dealer to assemble the parts combo under consideration and verify the modded body length before deciding if the idea is viable.  HTH.

Paladin
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 4:17:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 5:25:44 AM EDT
[#13]
SureFire have developed their products over the course of many years.
There has been some slight changes to the lengths of the body and various components but they remain interchangeable.
with respect Paladin is more likely to have experienced an issue with the Z32 and the spring contacts of the Lamp Assembly (and perhaps the spring contact of the TailCap) rather than an issue of the 6P body and A19 body extender combination.
If the TailCap spring and/or the Lamp Assembly +ve spring contact have been compressed then there is a chance of the proper contact not being established. Alternatively, if the TailCap spring is long then it could push the batteries too far forwards and since the 6P is not a WeaponLight body this would move the lamp assembly forwards compressing the Z32's shock isolation foam and if then the Lamp Assembly's -ve spring contact is too short it could not form reliable contact.

Anyway, them be my thoughts...

The 6P+A19 etc does create a three-SF123A body. I have used A19's on many different SureFires in various combinations without issue.
For example:

here

here

here

here

Al
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 7:32:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 12:25:40 PM EDT
[#15]
I don't suppose you'd believe me if I told you I was just testing you?

If I'm to be really honest that LU15 didn't sit quite right but I didn't notice why at the time.
D'Oh!
Cheers!
I'll edit my post.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 1:57:01 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
SureFire have developed their products over the course of many years.
There has been some slight changes to the lengths of the body and various components but they remain interchangeable.
with respect Paladin is more likely to have experienced an issue with the Z32 and the spring contacts of the Lamp Assembly (and perhaps the spring contact of the TailCap) rather than an issue of the 6P body and A19 body extender combination.
If the TailCap spring and/or the Lamp Assembly +ve spring contact have been compressed then there is a chance of the proper contact not being established. Alternatively, if the TailCap spring is long then it could push the batteries too far forwards and since the 6P is not a WeaponLight body this would move the lamp assembly forwards compressing the Z32's shock isolation foam and if then the Lamp Assembly's -ve spring contact is too short it could not form reliable contact.

Al

That is exactly the issue I found problematic.  It was only disappointing from the standpoint of having wanted to recycle "an old friend" into a weapon light.  The older 6P body is slightly smaller than the more aggressive raised checkering on my recent 9P's and fit scope rings easier.  At present the 6P + A19 + P91 are in my "go to" drawer and working well.

Paladin

ETA:  6P + A19 = 5.3 inch long
                     9P = 5.5 inch long
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top