Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/1/2015 4:27:35 PM EDT
I've got a mix of used parts I'm throwing together to build an instructional/demo rifle together and I need a cheap 16" barrel that's got a standard milspec FSB(F marked or not) at the carbine length position.

Beyond those requirements I can make it work but would prefer a threaded muzzle end and I'd like to avoid an heavy profile but I can make either or both of those configurations work.

I'm watching the EE and I've posted in the wanted section but if you know of something on the market for under $150 that matches the need, please share.

Thanks
Wes
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 5:52:41 PM EDT
[#1]
DS arms. No experience with them but believe they have what you want and they are a site sponsor.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 6:40:33 PM EDT
[#2]
You simply might want to consider a new PSA Freedom or PTAC 16' M4 upper (without a BCG/CH) for around $175.00 shipped or so (or cheaper when they offer Free Shipping).  It already has everything you're really looking for already included.

Nowadays, they even Nitrate the barrels!  Good luck.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 10:19:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Right here on the EE there is a barrel that fits your needs.  I always recommend them, and I have never seen a bad review.  It is Ballistic Advantage barrels, the quality of them are far ahead of anything in the same price range.

But for $146 shipped you can get a 16" with F marked FSB with either carbine gas or mid-length gas.  I prefer the mid-length but if you need the carbine for some reason they have them as well.  

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_22/1479114_BALLISTIC_ADVANTAGE__AR15_COM_MEMBER_BARREL_PRICING__CHECK_THIS_OUT_.html
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 11:39:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for that, they will be my fail safe.

I seem to recall sportsmanship guide having an $89 barrel a year or two ago.  Something under 100 would be great.

Thanks
Wes
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 7:50:22 AM EDT
[#5]
http://www.armil-spec.com/AR15-M16-16-M4-BRL-FRT-SIGHT-BLOCK-DELTA-RING-p/arm-1009.htm
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 9:53:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
DS arms. No experience with them but believe they have what you want and they are a site sponsor.
View Quote

http://www.dsarms.com/p-11688-dsa-zm4-profile-16-chrome-lined-17-twist-barrel-556-223-cal-includes-sight-tower-barrel-nut-and-handguard-cap.aspx
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 10:36:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I seem to recall sportsmanship guide having an $89 barrel a year or two ago.  Something under 100 would be great.

Thanks
Wes
View Quote

Yes they did and they shoot crappy
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 3:04:35 PM EDT
[#8]
I try to keep up on all the deals out there, and not saying there isn't any for under 100 with a FSB, but there are none that I know of.  If you keep an eye on the EE you can often times find various manufacturers between 100-150 with FSB and various other attachments.  What I can tell you is, if you come down to finding a barrel that is just a few bucks cheaper then that Ballistic Advantage barrel, pay the extra few bucks for it and you will be glad you did.  I understand money being a concern, often in life it is the same for me.  But at most you may save $20 by finding a cheaper barrel out there of much lower quality.

I honestly put Ballistic Advantage above most others out there.  I haven't owned many AR's but I have handled and shot countless rifles and from my experience the BA barrels are above 90% of others for overall quality (just my opinion of course).  Of course most AR barrels shoot decent, even the lower quality ones.  But even without money being an issue I would still buy BA, and also Green Mountain barrels.  The Green Mountain are my favorite for accuracy, but the BAs have a nicer overall finish with their QPQ nitrite.  And since the bores are Melonited instead of chromed they are more accurate in general and will last as long as about any other barrel out there.  What can I say, I am a sucker for bargains and I think the GM and BA are both great deals.  But the BA is usually always cheaper especially with a FSB attached.  I wish GM had more options to pin them and make lighter profiled barrels.
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 3:55:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I try to keep up on all the deals out there, and not saying there isn't any for under 100 with a FSB, but there are none that I know of.  If you keep an eye on the EE you can often times find various manufacturers between 100-150 with FSB and various other attachments.  What I can tell you is, if you come down to finding a barrel that is just a few bucks cheaper then that Ballistic Advantage barrel, pay the extra few bucks for it and you will be glad you did.  I understand money being a concern, often in life it is the same for me.  But at most you may save $20 by finding a cheaper barrel out there of much lower quality.

I honestly put Ballistic Advantage above most others out there.  I haven't owned many AR's but I have handled and shot countless rifles and from my experience the BA barrels are above 90% of others for overall quality (just my opinion of course).  Of course most AR barrels shoot decent, even the lower quality ones.  But even without money being an issue I would still buy BA, and also Green Mountain barrels.  The Green Mountain are my favorite for accuracy, but the BAs have a nicer overall finish with their QPQ nitrite.  And since the bores are Melonited instead of chromed they are more accurate in general and will last as long as about any other barrel out there.  What can I say, I am a sucker for bargains and I think the GM and BA are both great deals.  But the BA is usually always cheaper especially with a FSB attached.  I wish GM had more options to pin them and make lighter profiled barrels.
View Quote

I like my B/A barrel but no way does it shoot as good as any of my BHW barrels but then again it was at a different  price point
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 7:47:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks
Wes

This will be a classroom instructional demo gun that may be asked to shoot 100 rds a year at best....

Thanks
Wes
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top