Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 5/20/2003 7:56:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/21/2003 8:34:36 AM EDT by Merlin]
I've got about 35 or so 30 round AR-15 mags. I've already started the process of refinishing them with the stuff from GP and all of them already have the green follower ($.99 from Tapco several years ago).

Now I want to start replacing the mag springs for maximum reliability (I get most of my mags from Cole Distributing at KCR).

So, where's the best place (i.e. cost and quality) to get replacement mag springs for 30 rounders?

Thanks,

Merlin
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 8:25:34 AM EDT
We at Magazine Specialties have new 30 round chrome silicon springs. These have more than 1000 times more memory than regular USGI springs. They've also got a parkerized coating which helps prevent rust and corrosion on the spring. You wont find these cheaper than $4.50 each either. We've also got new blaze orange followers as well as green. Here's a link to our ad in the EE: [url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=24&t=154541[/url] Thanks! Cody @ Magazine Specialties
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 4:38:29 AM EDT
I would recommend you get ISMI AR mag springs. They are the best springs on the market, better than Wolff. I'm sure they will cost you more, but you'll never have to replace them. At the very least, call the owner, Mark Cosat, and ask him about his springs. He'll tell you what to look for and what to watch out for, he'll take care of you. Tell him Erik sent you. Do a google search and you'll find his website.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 8:40:08 AM EDT
Cody, Do you guys have a website? VSP, I don't see AR-15 mag springs at the ISMI site. Any other ideas? Thanks, Merlin
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 8:44:53 AM EDT
Our website is still under construction. It will be at: [url]www.magazine-specialties.com[/url] , but right now, only the framework is up online. Thanks, Cody @ Magazine Specialties
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 10:04:22 AM EDT
Originally Posted By ComputerGuy: but right now, only the framework is up online. Thanks, Cody @ Magazine Specialties
View Quote
You have a section devoted to "Castle Crook News.."? Only the ComputerGuy, only the ComputerGuy...
Top Top