Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 7/24/2003 3:59:55 AM EDT
I am looking at the First Samco, whats a nice pistol grip?
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 7:43:25 AM EDT
RECONTECH, I use the Ergo Grip ambi from Falcon Industries, I have a First Samco forward grip on my M44's and it is very- ergo to grasp I'm sure the pistol grip is too,but for me it is the Ergo Grip, I was looking at another grip Falcon Industries makes for the AR15 is the HK style grip but I feel the cant maybe too much for my liking . Hogue makes a good grip but there is no beavertail on it and my fingers wrap around my hand - no good .I see alot of comments good ones about the 'Duckbill' if you look around at some of the pictures posted you might see something that catches your eye because it is all personal preference - dig this Falcon Industries has an AR15 grip only long enough for two fingers !!! All about individual taste m'man. Good Luck - Bro'
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 12:07:53 PM EDT
BATTLEGRIPtm @ www.tangodownllc.com
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 8:14:09 PM EDT
i like the ambidextrous ERGO grip...the beavertail lets the gun sit more comfortably in the web or your hand and it doesn't have big hard finger grooves formed into it (if they fit your hand, great...for the other 99% of us....well...)
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 8:21:23 PM EDT
ditto on the tangodown battlegrip. MM
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 12:07:30 AM EDT
Only thing i haven't tried yet is that SPR grip. The TD Battlegrip rides both of my shooters.
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 4:27:07 AM EDT
I've been using an Ergo grip but it feels a bit thin in my hand so I picked up a Battlegrip. The Battlegrip is a bit thicker (side to side) and feels much better. Plus, now I have a place to stow extra batteries for my EO Tech.
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 9:15:14 AM EDT
Four Ergo's on three rigs.
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 10:40:50 AM EDT
i use an ambi grip. the grip is a bit thin and i have large hands so i cut three pieces of bicycle inner tube the same length and put one on top of another over the grip......works great now and has a nice smooth (and sticky) feel to it :)
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 6:20:41 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Matt_B: I've been using an Ergo grip but it feels a bit thin in my hand so I picked up a Battlegrip. The Battlegrip is a bit thicker (side to side) and feels much better. Plus, now I have a place to stow extra batteries for my EO Tech.
View Quote
It may be thicker, but I swear the diameter is smaller. My trigger finger ends up stuck so far through the trigger guard that I am pulling the trigger with the second joint. Another vote for Ergo Ambi.
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 2:34:17 PM EDT
I like the Houge, but haven't used the others mentioned.
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 10:30:03 AM EDT
I use the Pachmyr grip on my AR and love it
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 7:02:46 AM EDT
I just bought a First Samco G27 and like it better than my Hogue. It places the finger in a better shooting position. The grip just feels good. BTW, these have a rubber end cap to secure items/spare parts in the grip.
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 2:30:43 PM EDT
Think og the First Samco G27 grip as an Ambi Ergo grip that isnt too thin. I have tried them all and its the best ambi grip made if you dont have tiny hands and fingers.
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 5:18:12 PM EDT
Battlegrip! Watch for the new Battlegrip forward grip to be out soon!
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 5:50:13 AM EDT
I just got the Tangodown battlegrip. It rocks. My experience with Fobus/First Samco products has been negative. I do not buy their products as previous purchases have involved out of spec and/or overpriced and/or not high quality gear. Just my opinion and experience, but the Battlegrip is great.
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 7:58:14 AM EDT
Using Bettlegrip from Tangodown. Great ergos and saves my hand. Easier to get the correct trigger finger configuration as well. I'd recommend it to anyone looking to change from the issue grip.
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 7:59:18 AM EDT
Using Battlegrip from Tangodown. Great ergos and saves my hand. Easier to get the correct trigger finger configuration as well. I'd recommend it to anyone looking to change from the issue grip. now got the spelling right!!
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 11:12:14 AM EDT
CAn beat the TD grip for its ergonomics and water tight water compartment.
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 11:17:29 AM EDT
SPR on mine. Good if you have big hands.
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 7:01:28 PM EDT
I have the Fobus G27 and I love it. 2 "AA" batteries for my EOTech fit nicely in the storage area plus it fits my hand much better than the stock AR grip, which I really didn't think needed any improvement.
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 6:32:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/19/2003 6:34:25 PM EDT by AK_Mike]
My favorite is the Ergo, cause I have small hands. However, my Ergo grips are the rubber OVERMOLDED Ergo grip, not the hard plastic. It seems these are no longer made. I like them better than the Hougue, my second favorite, but the standard Ergo would come third. Houges are better for larger hands than mine. My rigs have 2 Ergo special overmolded grips, 3 Hougue's (one green one). Like to try the Battlegrip, though I like the rubber coated jobs (no tactical use for me). Edited to ad shameless plug: Got two Black Hougue grips for sale on the EE board!
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 11:52:00 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 8:11:52 PM EDT
#1 TangoDown Battlegrip... I've tried the SPR (Too big), ERGO (Too thin), the A1, and the Fobus G27 and the TD Battlegrip is my favorite by far! The G27 would be my 2nd choice. Now, I can't wait for the TangoDown Forward Grip to be available for us! JD jthomson@wcnet.org
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 8:56:10 AM EDT
SPR grip. I love it as I have big hands, and the index finger support area helps keep alot of the finger out of the trigger area. I have all three of my AR's wearing them! I got the VLTOR stock & pockets to carry batteries! The Battlegrip was WAY to small for me, the Ergo grip was second runner up to the SPR. I cut up a bicycle inner tube and stretched those over the SPR grip just to give it some FEEL. My girlfriend even prefers the SPR grip as it forces her to just get her finger tip on the trigger...
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 12:58:54 PM EDT
Another vote for SPR for a regular/big hand guy.
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 4:55:09 AM EDT
I don't have overly large hands and I find the Hogue grip is the closest to custom made for my hands. The finger grooves are placed exactly for me.. I'm right handed, but spend half my range time shooting lefty. The Hogue design allows you to switch back and forth seamlessly...
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 5:45:11 PM EDT
I have the G27 on my M4gery, and an Ergo Ambi on my A2 HBAR. The only reason I have the Ergo is because it's part of a Cav. Arms Coyote Brown furniture set, and a black grip just wouldn't look right. Otherwise I give my vote for the G27, for comfort, and storage. I also have tried the SPR, and although it indexes the trigger finger in the right position, it's just way too big for general purpose use.
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 12:55:16 PM EDT
Originally Posted By jenec: I use the Pachmyr grip on my AR and love it
View Quote
Same here - feels just like the grip on my S&W. I haven't tried anything else, though. CR
Top Top