Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/15/2003 2:40:36 PM EDT
I have my AR that I gotta clean and other rifles and I would like to know a way to quickly clean them. Oiling is not an issue here because I bought a trough of CLP. I just want to find out a quick way of cleaning my weapons barrels and bolts. Brake cleaner? Any other spray-out-the-gunk stuff?

Yes, I am s00per-n00b. :)
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 2:50:05 PM EDT
[#1]
CLP, Patches, Q-tips & your cleaning kit.
If your barrel isn't chrome lined, you may want to use an additional bore cleaner.

I know a lot of people on here use fancy rods to clean, but I just use a USGI cleaning kit
and a Sinclair chamber rod. I also use a Lug Recess cleaning rod from Sinclair.

~ s0ulzer0
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 2:50:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Remove the fouling and your done. LOL....Okay, okay .....sorry. Get yourself a GI field manual its as good a place to start as any.
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 2:55:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Ok, thats a start, but what about a spray-clean solution? I had a can of some type of spray-it-clean stuff a LONG time ago, but I don't know if that stuff is good for an AR-15.

The way the spray stuff worked is you would spray the rifle parts down and it would clean off all the powder residue and such, then you would oil it up because the spray would leave the rifle dry as a bone. Any comments?
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 3:39:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Ok, thats a start, but what about a spray-clean solution? I had a can of some type of spray-it-clean stuff a LONG time ago, but I don't know if that stuff is good for an AR-15.

The way the spray stuff worked is you would spray the rifle parts down and it would clean off all the powder residue and such, then you would oil it up because the spray would leave the rifle dry as a bone. Any comments?
View Quote

Keep it simple. Just use CLP on your AR. It's all you really need.
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 5:14:03 PM EDT
[#5]
For your barrel I recommend getting a bore snake.  Some other members told me how good it worked for them so now I'm tell you how good it worked for me.  [:D]
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 7:25:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Get a bore guide from Georgia Precision shooting, an AR link, some butches boreshine, and clean it just like a bolt gun.  Run a few patches of remoil through it after the boreshine.  Get yourself a chamber brush also.

Bill3508
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 7:26:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 7:37:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Punch a bore mop soaked with Kroil through it before you leave the range...

Punch a dry patch through it when you get home...

CLP everything else...
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top