Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/1/2006 8:37:28 PM EDT
I have found a few that look like a good deal, I'm jus not sure which is the best for the price. Any suggestion?
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:14:10 AM EDT
[#1]
I have an A3 with an EOTech mounted directly on the receiver and I use a Bushmaster flip up rear sight.  Its the most inexpensive sight they sell and I think it cost me about $75.00 (look for the B.M.A.S. flip up rear sight on their web site).  I use this rifle for work and have to qual with it at least twice a year.  Never had any issues zeroing and it co-witnesses just fine with my EOTech.  Hope this helps...

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:22:21 AM EDT
[#2]
IIRC the military is using the Matech rear BUIS extensively, if you consider that a good recomendation (I do).

I have seen them for sale on EE for around $100, which may not be the cheapest but is far from the most expensive.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:46:51 AM EDT
[#3]
yankee hill machine.

look up brightflashlights in the industry forum
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:06:17 AM EDT
[#4]
I was going to suggest the Bushmaster too.
It is made by Yankee Hill, but they add a latch to keep it in the down position.

I was thinking mine was only about $60 delivered.
Either I remembered it wrong, or they've gone up.

Anyway, you can't go wrong with the B.M.A.S. or the YHM.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 10:43:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Is the Matech selling to the public yet?
If so who?
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 10:46:33 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I was going to suggest the Bushmaster too.
It is made by Yankee Hill, but they add a latch to keep it in the down position.

I was thinking mine was only about $60 delivered.
Either I remembered it wrong, or they've gone up.

Anyway, you can't go wrong with the B.M.A.S. or the YHM.

the buis with the latch is not bmas or yhm its arms which locks in the down/folded position.

the bmas and yhm lock in the up position. the difference between the bmas and the yhm is that the bmas uses allen capscrews to secure to the flattop and the yhm uses a slotted head thumbscrew.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:24:23 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm glad the Bushmaster, and YHM are not the same. I don't buy anything from YHM anymore.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 1:42:36 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I'm glad the Bushmaster, and YHM are not the same. I don't buy anything from YHM anymore.

??why??

bushmaster uses yhm products and yhm provides for bushmaster.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 1:53:51 PM EDT
[#9]
When the AWB went away I sent them my upper to do the works on it. It was about 6 months old, and had less than 500 rounds through it. They did a great job, but the charging handle that came back with it was bent to hell. I called, and they said send it to us, I did. About a week later I got a call from a guy there who said thats what you sent us, I said no it's not my upper was almost new. He said he remembered working on mine, and it was beat to hell, and that they couldn't make a profit if they were replacing peoples damaged parts. I said thats true, but either you damaged it, or you mixed it up with someone elses stuff. He said thats not possible, and there was nothing he could do for me. It's not that they had a bad product, it's just that their customer service sucks. They do make good stuff and I know it's only a $20.00 part, but it's a principal thing.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:43:33 PM EDT
[#10]
yeah, what's this about YHM and Bushmaster being different?  Does Bushmaster ask for a different mounting screw or something for the ones they sell?

Try looking in the EE for the $70 NIW KAC 300m

I bought an Iraq bring back 300m for $63 from wwoods2 and got a bunch of free goodies.  I think he's all sold out now though...
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top