Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 8/12/2007 6:29:24 AM EDT
The search feature gets nothing, so I must inquire....

Is the best follower MagPull Gen II? Orange, which is the same thing as gray?
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 9:35:12 AM EDT
it is the follower most used as a replacement in USGI mags. Everyone is very happy with them. CMMG recently came out with a metal follower that is a bit more money then the magpul. The guys who have bought those really like them also
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 9:52:20 AM EDT

For 30 rounders, I would have to say yes. They are truly anti-tilt. As far as I know, Gen II is Gen II, no matter what color.

I am sure you will have people saying the old black and newer green are just as reliable, but you can make them tilt. For that reason alone is why my Okay mags have the upgraded Magpul Gen II followers.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 10:49:11 AM EDT
Has anyone (other then me) had problems seating a full mag when using the gen2 followers and ranger plates
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 11:22:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/12/2007 11:23:25 AM EDT by Eric]

Has anyone (other then me) had problems seating a full mag when using the gen2 followers and ranger plates

Download to 28 rounds and it's not an issue.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 11:30:36 AM EDT

Originally Posted By ad_nauseam:

Gen II orange and gray are the same item, just different colors. They are the current production version that was slightly tweaked after the Gen I had been out for some time. I didn't have any issues with the Gen I, but some folks who insist on the most current goodies swapped theirs out. In the big picture, they are a sensible upgrade with minimal cost.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 2:05:58 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Matt-H:

I think everyone with that combination has had issues with a full mag. The ranger plate (iirc) keeps you from being able to load up 30. As said, download to 28 on those and you'll be great.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 1:46:08 PM EDT
+1 What everybody said, the gen 2 are the latest and the greatest.

The gen 2 followers are both available in gray and orange, also DSG Arms are selling them in their own exclusive Flat Dark Earth (FDE) color when you buy DSG mags.

Gen 1 followers are mostly coyote brown color but also some in red-orange, and some glow in the dark (rare) colors.

I had some gen 1 followers and they're a little tight on some of my mags but still works without any problems, I've replaced almost all of them except for a few with gen 2 and they're more looser than the older version.

I always load my mags with only 28 rounds with or without Magpul Ranger plates because it's easier to do a tactical reload on a closed bolt.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 7:07:37 PM EDT
I'm kind of intrested in the new chrome CMMG followers. Those look kind of intresting there not that much more in price then the Magpuls either.

Top Top