Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/17/2005 2:59:09 PM EDT
I purchased a Trijicon NSN Reflex that im going to use with a Colt R6721 upper receiver group. Is the mount that comes with the sight good enough or is there an aftermarket mount that will place the reticle at the correct height above my front sight post, give me better zero repeatability and be more durable than the OEM mount??

TIA, DD out!!  
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 3:03:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I really like the ARMS throw lever mount.  I don't remember the model number though.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 3:04:22 PM EDT
[#2]
LaRue.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 3:08:13 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
LaRue.

Does Larue make a reflex mount?
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 3:20:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 3:51:10 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
LaRue.

Does Larue make a reflex mount?

They do now! not sure when they will come out with it. But its a EOTech mount with an extra slot cut into it. Take a look at this thread. I was screwing around in the garage with my Reflex, check this out.

For all the trouble, I'll most likely just keep the OEM mount on it and go have some fun.

Boom, overall...what do you have to say about the reflex?

The one I bought is the NSN model with the 4 MOA dot.

TIA, DD out!!
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 4:09:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 4:29:42 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Hopefully your NSN came with the RX-14 mount. It puts the dot a tad high IMO BUT it was designed that way. Remove the 1/8" spacer between the NSN and mount assembly and it will put the amber dot right at the top of your sight post and FOV window. Some have stated that removal of the three screws was impossible but I did mine with nothing more than a screw driver. HTH.

JohnM at Home

John, thanks for the info bro.

So how high are we talkin... is the dot like an inch or more above the front sight post with the reflex mounted as it comes from the factory?

Also, is it so high that the dot is above your fov once proper stockweld is achieved?

Thanks again!!
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 4:44:14 PM EDT
[#8]
My bad.  I thought it was the ACOG 4X NSN.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 5:48:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 7:47:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 8:13:44 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
My bad.  I thought it was the ACOG 4X NSN.

Huh?

I don't know if Larue makes a mount for the Reflex; I thought he was asking about the 4X.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top