Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/9/2003 7:30:36 PM EDT
Who or where is the best deal right now on 9mm para/Luger
blasting ammo ??  I was looking at AM eagle 115 ball ammmo . Is this stuff ok . I have shot it before with out problems .

I had some of the Greek 124 grn but have heard it is
at +p energy (close to Nato 124 grn)and my Smithy is not rated for this .

I'm thinking about half a case or so . I see the AM Eagle  115 ball for $7 or $8 a box + shipping .

HP would be ok as well even sub sonic if it is reliable .

Is Fiocchi ammo any good ??    Thanks
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 7:39:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 8:00:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Natchez has the CCI Blazer aluminum cased 115 gr roundnose for $4.85 a 50 rnd. box before shipping.  The 124gr. stuff isn't much more if you want to try the aluminum cased stuff.
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 8:51:28 PM EDT
[#3]
The Winchester Value Packs at Walmart are a really good deal at $10 for 100 rounds.  The only problem is you'll probably have to hit a few stores if you want to buy more than 4 or 5 boxes, since most don't carry a lot, or at least thats my experience.
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 3:21:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Danish 9mm is +p
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 3:32:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Fiocchi is just about the best ammo you can buy but it is hot. It is a standard european load, but is considered +P here. (Fiocchi .45acp is made by MFS in Hungry)

Blazer is the far extreeme to the other end.  I can tell you more horror stories with Blazer than people can here with Wolf.

Link Posted: 1/10/2003 7:07:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Record another vote for the Winchester 100rd Value Pack.
Link Posted: 1/11/2003 10:37:38 AM EDT
[#7]
As Glock31 said,  Winchester at Walmart for $10.69 a box.  They ordered 2 cases for me.  It was in about 1 week later. I believe this is one of the best deals for plinking considering its new ammo.  And no shipping charge.
Link Posted: 1/11/2003 12:35:56 PM EDT
[#8]
You can sometimes find Blazer 9mm for 3.99 on sale here in Houston at Oshmans and Academy.  Oshmans limits you to 5 or 10 boxs though.

Just for price info.  I realize your not in Houston.

Link Posted: 1/11/2003 12:46:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
As Glock31 said,  Winchester at Walmart for $10.69 a box.  They ordered 2 cases for me.  It was in about 1 week later. I believe this is one of the best deals for plinking considering its new ammo.  And no shipping charge.
View Quote

They ordered 2 cases for you?!?   Dammit!  They always tell me they can't do that, and I have to buy only 4-5 boxes at a time!  

I'm gonna have a really stern conversation with the 17 year old that works behind the gun counter!
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top