Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 8/25/2012 2:18:30 PM EDT
I'm looking to buy in bulk. Any sources for good deals?
Link Posted: 8/25/2012 3:04:02 PM EDT
Unless you're looking for match ammo, the least expensive .22 is usually milk cartons at walmart.

Cabelas had a good price on Federal 375 bulk packs last fall, at $9.99 each with free shipping, and that's the only time I've found it cheaper than at walmart.  Local walmart is around $20 per 550 after tax.  Cheapest case deal gun-deals.com shows online is J&G sales, with a case of 5000 for $200.32 delivered.  To do much better than any of that, you'd need to order an actual truckfull.  This site http://gun-deals.com/ammo.php?caliber=.22+LR is linked in the sticky at the top of this forum, and is your friend for current ammo pricing and availability.

best deal I've gotten recently at Cabela's: 375 for $9.99 delivered is 2.664 cents per round
everyday price at my local walmart: 550 for $20.00 (after tax) is 3.636 cents per round
best case deal I can find on an aggregator site: 5000 for $200.31 is 4.006 cents per round

You let me know if you can even find a deal at 3 cents a round, delivered - I and the other forum members would appreciate the heads up.
Link Posted: 8/25/2012 4:10:51 PM EDT
Thanks for all of the info.  I looked into J&G Sales and they had a smoking deal until the shipping came in at $48.  That kind of evened the playing field so I ran to my closest Walmart a second ago and scooped up 10 of those Winchester 555 boxes.  I got out of there with 5,550 rds. for around $235 after tax. 4.23 cents per round isn't that bad and there is no waiting on shipping.  They had just received a big shipment so they still had at least 20 boxes left.  I'm thinking of just going in tomorrow and getting the rest of it to be done with .22lr ammo buying for a couple of years.
Link Posted: 8/25/2012 5:03:42 PM EDT
Quoted:
Thanks for all of the info.  I looked into J&G Sales and they had a smoking deal until the shipping came in at $48.  That kind of evened the playing field so I ran to my closest Walmart a second ago and scooped up 10 of those Winchester 555 boxes.  I got out of there with 5,550 rds. for around $235 after tax. 4.23 cents per round isn't that bad and there is no waiting on shipping.  They had just received a big shipment so they still had at least 20 boxes left.  I'm thinking of just going in tomorrow and getting the rest of it to be done with .22lr ammo buying for a couple of years.

Has it gotten that high? $23.50 a box for bulk pack after tax? I just paid $26 after shipping for 500 CCI standard velocity, thats not much savings for bulk pack. I bought a case (10x 500 round boxes= 5,000 rounds) of CCI standard velocity for $260 (IIRC) shipped.
Link Posted: 8/27/2012 8:04:13 AM EDT
Target Sports

You can get good CCI MiniMags, 5000 rounds per case with free shipping. Comes out to less than you can buy at Wallyworld.
Link Posted: 8/28/2012 6:26:57 AM EDT
Dunn's has Wnchesterl bulk pack $189/case with free shipping.

https://www.shopdunns.com/products/2724/winchester_22lr_525rd_36gr_hp_case/
Link Posted: 8/28/2012 10:48:30 AM EDT
So I guess accuracy plays no part in your considerations?
Link Posted: 8/29/2012 5:08:26 AM EDT
Quoted:

I am not sure who this is directed at. But personally bulk pack shoots pretty good for me. If i am just shooting tin cans n the back yard at 25 yards bulk pack is more than good enough. I really only went to CCI because it stayed subsonic n my 16.5 CZ and through my Sparrow. Once i tried CCI i noticed it was a little more accurate and super reliable. So i tend to be using more CCI. But Bulk pack still has its place IF it is cheap enough to b worth buying. If CCI and bulk pack are close to the same price then it is a no brainer to go with the CCI. But i still buy bulk pack when it is cheap enough.
Link Posted: 8/29/2012 8:35:15 AM EDT
Ive seen winchester bulk pack just a week ago pull of a easy under dime sized 15shot group at 25 yrds. I also watched the same guy and gun pull of a 10 shot group with CCI's that you would have to push a #2 penceil through. All this was done with a viced Ruger MK77/22 with a after market barrel and a harmonic device on the barrel. I have never believed it if I hadnt seen it for my self!
Link Posted: 8/30/2012 1:36:08 PM EDT
Quoted:

The OP asked about buying ammo in bulk.  I shoot rimfire because it is cheap and fun without putting a big dent in my wallet.  I'm not a benchrest shooter nor do I strive to be one, making tin can bounce is good enough for me.  I guess that makes for 'minute of tin can' shooting.  

Because I shoot bulk pack out of either a SBR 10/22 or a 22/45 with a suppressor as long as it stays subsonic is my primary concern.
Link Posted: 8/30/2012 3:12:44 PM EDT
Quoted:

I have a cobbled up ciener shorty.  5.5" bbl.  with Dynapoints or Rem Goldens, it will hit quarter-sized groups @ 25yds. I also have a Spikes shorty, with bulk ammo it does the same, and even better with Wolf Target, or SK ammo. as others have noted, "minute of pop can" is sufficient accuracy for a lot of shooters, myself included, unless I'm looking to impress someone, which case, I use the good ammo.   my 26yr old nephew can hit weed stems at 25yds with my cobbled ciener shorty, and Dynapoints. 'course, I have a 3-4yr old case of Dynapoints, about 3/4 gone. I mostly use Fed bulk ammo, or Rem Golden's for blasting ammo. either will dust a clay pigeon nicely at 25yds. (that's the distance to my backyard backstop).

Link Posted: 9/1/2012 3:19:15 AM EDT
Dunn's has Federal Value Pack back in stock for $169.99 shipped for 5250 rounds.
https://www.shopdunns.com/products/Ammunition/37/1/
Top Top