Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/15/2005 2:29:39 PM EDT
Hey guys.. looking for input on what's the best options for a M4 upper currently. Just finished my DPMS lower and ordered up some KG finish. I want to complete this project finally so rushing to get an upper in soon. Interested in a flat top with a rail front end, those pre-ban is fine for me. There are so many out there M1 MS, RRA, DPMS...DPMS though looks expensive for what you get though any pros and cons are appreciated.

Thanks,
Rich
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 2:35:48 PM EDT
[#1]
look in the equipment exchange for good deals.

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 2:47:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Well maybe I should have phrased it another way... What should I stay AWAY from ? Are there dogs out there or manufacturers that I should stay away from. I know that in the AK scene there are several dealers that we need to stay away from, have not heard the same in the AR community.

Rich
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 4:07:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 4:41:43 PM EDT
[#4]
I went Rock River midlength upper on a Mega lower.  A friend went with a complete DPMS M4.  We're both happy.  

Buying these directly from the manufacturer is much more expensive than going through a dealer.  Check out some of the companies on the industry link or in the equipment exchange and you will find quality equipment at a fair price.

Eagle Firearms
Del-Ton
J&T
are some good sources
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 4:57:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Stag M4 upper.

It's less than $500 (with rear site, IIRC) and all you have to do is pin it on.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 5:48:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Yup Stag Arms M4 uppers, i got mine from eagle firearms for a real good price.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:40:14 AM EDT
[#7]
LMT.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 7:35:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 10:32:16 AM EDT
[#9]
+1 for Stag M4 Upper, I absolutely love mine. Function and Accuracy is top notch, I could not be happier.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 12:30:36 PM EDT
[#10]
LMT, CMMG, CMT/Stag.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 1:49:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Yes.. the Stag seems to be at a really nice price at Eagle but I have been calling them for the past hour and all I get is a busy signal..... RRA seems to be out of stock EVERYWHERE you look.

Rich
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 2:22:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 2:24:09 PM EDT
[#13]
adco has rra in stock

there are dealers all over here, your obviously not looking hard enough
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 2:39:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Oh I know there are tons of dealers.. but I want to make sure since I have not dealt with most of these that the person I chose to deal with at least has a good track record. I have limited myself up to a few months ago to gun shows but now I am expanding my needs and building so other than Brownells, Midway and some of the other well known supply shops I really have not dealt with any of the dealers out there. I am sure there are good and there are bad, just want to make sure I don't go with one of the bad.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:37:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Bravo company's LMT upper. Doesn't get much better than that. However, ask them to package it better than mine. Mine was beat to crap due to almost no packing material!

It's a great shooter though!

Huntr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top