Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Posted: 6/20/2006 10:06:25 PM EDT
I have an extra 30mm ring laying around the house and was thinking about buying an AIMPOINT.

Here is my problem.

I spent ALL of my money on my rifle (complete LMT rifle), so I am looking to recoup some of my money.

I am thinking of the following mounting options. Tell me which you think is BEST!

Of course, someone will be along to say "Get which one you like best...well, I like them all!!!)

A: Buy RRA Tactical carry handle mount and Aimpoint. Use the 30mm mount you already have.(total cost=$465 +tax)

B: Buy GG&G cantilever mount, Aimpoint and LMT rear sight (total cost=$612)

C: Buy ARMS 22m68 and spacer, Aimpoint and ARMS #40(Total cost=$550+tax)

D: Buy Eotech 551 and ARMS #40 (total cost:$386+tax) and forget about the 30mm ring.

Link Posted: 6/20/2006 10:23:57 PM EDT
[#1]
D
Link Posted: 6/20/2006 10:42:20 PM EDT
[#2]
EoTech and Larue mount
Link Posted: 6/20/2006 10:45:53 PM EDT
[#3]
C Señor
Link Posted: 6/20/2006 11:43:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Get the Eotech.  If you MUST spend extra money on a mount, get the quick release cam lever mount from GG&G which keeps it at the same heighth.  

I'd get the Larue fixed BUIS instead of a flip-type.  No need for the flip, and it's less to go wrong.  
Link Posted: 6/21/2006 4:45:27 AM EDT
[#5]
I just got my LMT 14.5 M4 a few months back

Optic is a 551 with arms 40

Reason

I already have a Bushmaster shorty A1 w/ Aimpoint ML2

BTW try and save for the EOTECH 123 bat type

I do think the AIMPOINT is BETTER MADE and the battery life is outstanding same battery since 2001

working on my 3rd pare on my 551

but my SOPMOD and Battle grip holds alot of spares
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top