Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/20/2005 12:49:59 PM EDT
I have read the many posts on the site. Thanks for all the info to date. I want to put together a 9mm carbine (RRA A4 Upper). I need a 9mm Colt style mag well block that has the BOLT HOLD OPEN FEATURE I will change my bolt catch and use the lower for 9mm only.


1. Buy a two piece COLT orginal and drill my receiver (hope for the best hole alignment)

2. Try and find a new style one peice Colt drop in (J&T is forever out of stock Can't seem to find one anywhere?)

3. Find some other brand that is in stock today ( NEED SOME HELP Here :) )

Thanks for the input

Link Posted: 8/20/2005 1:01:12 PM EDT
Hahn Precision from Brownells.

Top load requires a 9mm bolt catch.
Bottom load has an actuator built-in and uses a 5.56 bolt catch.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 1:08:22 PM EDT
I second the Hanh
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 3:22:27 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 8:22:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/20/2005 8:25:05 PM EDT by lumberjacker]
Garrison Manufacturing Inc.
P.O. Box 231
Wauseon, OH 43567

The 2 blocks I have are Garrison. Top loaders, bolt hold open slot. I use colt mags and pro-mags.
Just pop in a 9mm hammer, drop in block, start shooting. You dont need to use a bolt catch if you dont want. I have broken 2 bolt catches so I dont even bother any more. If you dont use a 9mm bolt catch with the top loading block, you can pop out the block and snap on a 5.56 upper. That simple to change cal.
Top Top