Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/20/2005 12:49:59 PM EDT
I have read the many posts on the site. Thanks for all the info to date. I want to put together a 9mm carbine (RRA A4 Upper). I need a 9mm Colt style mag well block that has the BOLT HOLD OPEN FEATURE I will change my bolt catch and use the lower for 9mm only.

Ideas

1. Buy a two piece COLT orginal and drill my receiver (hope for the best hole alignment)

2. Try and find a new style one peice Colt drop in (J&T is forever out of stock Can't seem to find one anywhere?)

3. Find some other brand that is in stock today ( NEED SOME HELP Here :) )

Thanks for the input

Brad
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 1:01:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Hahn Precision from Brownells.

Top load requires a 9mm bolt catch.
Bottom load has an actuator built-in and uses a 5.56 bolt catch.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 1:08:22 PM EDT
[#2]
I second the Hanh
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 8:22:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Garrison Manufacturing Inc.
www.garrisonmfginc.com
P.O. Box 231
Wauseon, OH 43567
1-419-392-2542

The 2 blocks I have are Garrison. Top loaders, bolt hold open slot. I use colt mags and pro-mags.
Just pop in a 9mm hammer, drop in block, start shooting. You dont need to use a bolt catch if you dont want. I have broken 2 bolt catches so I dont even bother any more. If you dont use a 9mm bolt catch with the top loading block, you can pop out the block and snap on a 5.56 upper. That simple to change cal.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top