Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 10/13/2003 9:17:59 AM EST
I just purchased a Surefire and wanted to know the best way to mount the pressure pad on my vertical foregrip. It comes with velcro, but that doesn't seem like the most secure method.
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 9:50:20 AM EST
Give Ranger bands, a.k.a bicycle innertube, a try.
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 7:39:59 PM EST
I have used Heat Shrink tubing in the past and it has done well.
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 9:43:26 PM EST
I second Bicycle innertube.
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 11:24:19 PM EST
Wal-mart has 24 hour pressure pad mounting solutions :) I got the 12 speed bicycle version which is a 27" wheels innertube. It is very tight because it is slightly thinner than the next choice. Or get the 26" mountainbike innertube. It will still fit but not as tightly. Take your pic.
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 1:56:21 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/14/2003 1:57:34 AM EST by AK_Mike]
[url=http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=22&t=159384&w=searchPop]Black Rifle Armory[/url] sells the precut innertube bands if you are unwilling to go do it yourself.
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 4:17:05 AM EST
Thanks guys
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 9:37:09 AM EST
I use electrical tape.
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 10:41:41 PM EST
Originally Posted By BB493: I use electrical tape.
View Quote
Eeeww! That stuff can leave a nasty gummy residue, as can duct tape to a degree. I'm an Electronics tech and even I hate to use electrical tape unless it will never, ever have to come off.
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 12:12:53 AM EST
By doing it yourself the Wal-Mart way, you get around 25 "tactical rubber bands"...for half the price. Also and more importantly, you can make it the length you need so that it covers the bottom of the pressure pad, which will make holding it much more comfortable than the way it is pictured in the link provided above.
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 1:29:09 AM EST
Just go by your local bicycle shop. They usually have a ton of popped tubes they'll just give you. Two tubes equiped my dept's whole team.
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 11:39:36 PM EST
You know, I have cut them up into slim rubber bands for various tasks, like ranger bands on equipment like knives and securing noisy gear or some such. They make really nice rubberbands. Tough, and not going to wear out soon or degrade with sunlight or drying out like normal rubberbands. Veeeery usefull. Custom sizes.
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 2:02:47 AM EST
BroMan, just addressed this problem yesterday. Based upon advice here, I purchased the inner tubes at Walmart while I was there. Yep, bicycle shop will give them to you, but I was already at Walmart and a complete new tube in the box cost me $2.48. Use the 27" small dia. tube (10 speed tube) for the verticle grip. Use the bigger 2"+ diameter tube (I believe 16" tire, mountainbike) for the standard M4 or A2 round handguards. Cut them in about 1" sections. They work great, no sticky residue from tape or velcro. Sticky velcro and tape are fine for display, but wait until things heat up a bit. BTW, this tubing is tough and temp. resistant. Good luck!
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 10:34:10 AM EST
I bought a 26" bell intertube and it fits great over my KAS vertical foregrip.
Top Top