Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/3/2008 6:07:02 PM EDT
I need to purchase a rear buis for an upper with a non F-marked front sight base.  Are there some that will work and some that won't, or do I have to buy a taller front sight pin.  Will the YHM-9680 rear buis work?
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 10:49:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Pretty much all rear BUIS are the same height.  I don't know of anyone who offers different heights for the F and non-F FSB, so you'll have to use the different height front sight if it doesn't work.  The YHM should work fine - it's one of the best less expensive folding BUIS.

Note that there are FSBs that are the F height but aren't marked F.  You might want to measure or shoot it before you change anything.

Link Posted: 6/5/2008 12:37:18 PM EDT
[#2]
You will be able to zero with just about any rear.  The front may need to be adjusted a tad more than if it were "F" height, however there should be plenty of elevation on your front sight as is.  Worse case is to get a taller front sight post from Bushmaster if you find it needed to zero.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 12:46:39 PM EDT
[#3]
ARMS 40L works fine on my 6520 converted to flattop with the non-F marked FSB and stock front sight post.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top