Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2009 10:36:48 AM EDT
I ordered a Burris P.E.P.R. but the wait is making me have second thoughts. I know most of you will say that a Larue is the way to go and I'm open to all ideas at this point. The Elite 6500 has an eye relief of 3.9 inches. What would be the ideal mount for this scope on my Bushmaster Predator? I don't think quick release is necessary as I will not be swapping out optics often. Alright, your thoughts are appreciated.
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 11:01:46 AM EDT
My Bushnell has the LaRue SPR mount and it works perfectly.

I do like the looks of that PEPR; I can't believe no one has come out with something like that sooner at that price point. For rifles that don't need to be tacticool, that looks like exactly what we need.
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 11:47:01 AM EDT
I had a Bushnell Legend 5x15 sitting in the box. I went with the LaRue LT-104 as I can use it on uppers to test ammo, loads, etc. In the long run saves on scopes and mounts. Keep a note book and can dial windage & elevation back to zero on each one. Plus easy to go to iron or dot sights
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 2:07:36 PM EDT
It's hard to beat the LaRue if you don't mind the price.

Here's the Big List of AR15 one-piece mounts, including sections on rings and extended rails:

Big List of AR15 One-Piece Mounts
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 5:09:50 PM EDT
I've got the old style RRA mount on my varmint rig it was cheap and would work ok with a scope i had on hand.
But i've never been "happy" with it because the scope isn't positioned right for me not enough adjustment to get the eye relief right.

I can tell you after purchasing LaRue aimpoint , eotech , FTS magnifier mnt and several BUIS from them that when i upgrade the optics on that rig it will have a LaRue mnt.

If they have a mnt that works for your optic i don't think you can go wrong.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 8:07:36 PM EDT
If you're already spending that much on a nice optic why not get the best mount...Larue! I bought one exactly 2 weeks ago. I liked it so much that I ordered another last Monday and it will be here this coming Monday. Bye bye armalites.
Top Top