Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/30/2004 8:37:42 AM EDT
Sorry if this isn't in the right section but I figured this question should be here

I'm currently in the process of bulding an AR15. I am looking at a few different stripped lowers.

My choices are a RRA or maybe a Mega

Is either one better quality than another? Also which ones have you guys seen better success with?

I'm leaning towards the RRA right now

Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 8:46:41 AM EDT
[#1]
I have Bushmaster, RRA and AmeeTec.  I like the AmeeTecs best.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 8:58:29 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I have Bushmaster, RRA and AmeeTec.  I like the AmeeTecs best.

What about the AmeeTecs do you like more than the RRA?

I've never built an AR before. I owned a Carbon 15 for some reason and never fired it. Something about it I didn't like once I got it home
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 9:10:04 AM EDT
[#3]
To me the AmeeTecs have better fit and finish.  
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 9:14:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks alot. I'm going to check into prices on those. The RRA is only $105 so I can't imagine the AmeeTec being anymore than that
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 9:20:36 AM EDT
[#5]
I remember reading the shot gun news about a year ago and I came across a composit lower.   Does anyone have any knowledge about them?
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 9:24:02 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Thanks alot. I'm going to check into prices on those. The RRA is only $105 so I can't imagine the AmeeTec being anymore than that

$90 shipped.  You may even have a local FFL thats already sent them a copy of his/her FFL.
www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=2&f=150
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 9:29:46 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I remember reading the shot gun news about a year ago and I came across a composit lower.   Does anyone have any knowledge about them?

calvary arms I think www.cavalryarms.com

I remember seeing a list of lowers with all sorts of relevant data about them on one of the gunboards recently, does anyone know where that might be? I am sure it would help answer many of 98Zixxer's questions.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 9:49:06 AM EDT
[#8]
No they don't have an FFL on file, but they said they don't have a problem sending the FFL to who ever they needed to.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 9:50:23 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

$90 shipped.  You may even have a local FFL thats already sent them a copy of his/her FFL.

Where did you find it for that price?

From AmeeTec themselves?
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 10:01:12 AM EDT
[#10]
My brother has two RRA, I have two MEGA and one Bushmaster. My personal favorites are the MEGAs, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with the RRAs either.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 10:10:52 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

From AmeeTec themselves?

Yep.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 10:12:34 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

From AmeeTec themselves?

Yep.hr

That's not a bad price at all
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 4:25:52 PM EDT
[#13]
I put two Ameetec lowers together this afternoon. They each just slid together effortlessly. The stones, files, and dremel never came out of their drawers.

Luck,

SD
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 5:22:09 PM EDT
[#14]
I personall like the stag lowers. Fit and fininsh is the best ive seen. I like the logo too, maybe its the hill billie in me
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:23:47 PM EDT
[#15]
"Bushmuncher USA, why buy a lower receiver from anyone else?"

Sammy
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 8:09:41 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

From AmeeTec themselves?

I ordered via phone and it was 87.50 to my...err, my FFLs door.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 4:54:50 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

From AmeeTec themselves?

How long ago was this? Was it a group purchase? The web site is showing $145 for the AmeeTec lower. Man I'd love to get that price.

I ordered via phone and it was 87.50 to my...err, my FFLs door.

Link Posted: 10/1/2004 5:08:59 AM EDT
[#18]
From Amee-Tecs website

Ameetec Arms -  Stripped Lower Receiver IN STOCK - SPECIAL!!!
Item# AMLWR
Features: - State of the art Ameetec Arms black hard coat anodized forged aluminum Mil-spec lower receiver with durable Teflon coating. (Also shown white unfinished) This is the foundation to your next AR15 project at an unbeatable price. Also shown in the white for illustration purposes.
Price: $145.00 (special - $90 each, 5 or more for $85 each, or $80 each for 10 or more SHIPPED!!)

LAW ENFORCEMENT RESTRICTED STRIPPED LOWER RECEIVERS - $150.00

MUST PROVIDE LE IDENTIFICATION AND OR DEPARTMENT LETTER AND SHIPPED TO FFL.

Link Posted: 10/1/2004 3:00:29 PM EDT
[#19]
I went down to Ameetec yesterday and picked up one of their lowers for $90.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 12:54:44 PM EDT
[#20]
I just ordered a Ameetec Arms - Stripped Lower Receiver  from them.

I should be on my way to building my first AR15 in a few weeks

Thanks everyone for your input
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top