Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/5/2006 3:48:44 PM EDT
I would also like a link to the manfacturers site please.  I know there was a discussion on this a while ago but I can't find it now.

Thanks
Larry A.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 3:50:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 5:00:17 PM EDT
[#2]
SEARCH for it my friend. This question comes up all the time.I just did a search and this very same question was asked very recently. The thread even had a poll. No need to rehash the same old, same sold, eh?
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 5:01:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 5:02:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 5:18:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Only two to choose from... Vortex and Phantom.  If an A2 get rid of 75% of the flash a Phantom gets rid of 98% and the Vortex 99% of it.  Vorxtex weighs a bit over 3oz the Phantom 2.1oz, the Vortex makes a tuning fork ring when you shoot the Phantom does not, The Phantom comes in closed bottom and symetrical versions with the closed bottom requiring timing by a crush or peel washer, the Vortex does not need to be timed and does not use a washer. The Phantom is $25 and the Vortex $50. YHM and AAC are using Phantoms as the foundation for a suppressor mount and teh Vortex takes a suppressor noone seems to be able to get that is a civilian.  Either flash suppressor works with RD Systems suppressor.  Vortex claims an accuracy increase but that is vs. an A2 and a Phantom will still let you shoot way sub MOA so accuarcy is a non issue.  Vortex seems to be more popular by a small margin right now.  I decided to go with a Phantom on my current build simply due to my personal dislike for the extra weight of a Vortex and the ring it makes.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 5:22:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:11:11 PM EDT
[#7]
I would always go with a vortex if I had the choice but with suppressors you don't, a few are becomming compatible with Phantom systems, and only one very high priced Arms tech product uses the Vortex.  

They really do enhance accuracy-- I think it is both the cutting of turbulence imparted to the bullet and the fact that you don't need to tighten them and they still stay on the muzzle [tightening a muzzle attachment is detrimental to accuracy].  

I'm beginning to see the phantom as a better option than before but still prefer the Vortex G6A2.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top