Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/24/2017 4:44:23 PM
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 10/23/2004 2:16:12 PM EST
looking to build a dissipator, what are the main manufacturers for the upper ? : Bushmaster has one, DPMS ?.looking for one with a flash hidder. I didn't see one on the Bushmaster though..
any advices ?
Thanks

Link Posted: 10/23/2004 2:36:50 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/23/2004 2:39:15 PM EST by tigerdvr]
I have an upper consisting of a Bushmaster Dissy barrel in the M4 configuration on a Rock River upper. No pics due to some other work being done but she is sweet. She's pretty straight forward, not fancy (yet). It's mated to a Lauer lower, Ace SOCOM stock, a RR 2 stage trigger, Phantom FS, and YHM BUIS. Optics not selected yet. I'm a happy camper.
Good luck with your project.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 2:37:52 PM EST
This is a Bushy with YHM hand guard, and a Phantom.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 2:42:27 PM EST
Thanks BT. I think you just cost me some bucks. I have been seriously thinking of adding those handguards. I assume you had no problem with the gas block under the YMH guards.
Nice PIC.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 2:46:05 PM EST

Originally Posted By tigerdvr:
Thanks BT. I think you just cost me some bucks. I have been seriously thinking of adding those handguards. I assume you had no problem with the gas block under the YMH guards.
Nice PIC.

No problem with gas block they fit fine, will post some better pics.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 3:01:52 PM EST
so I can fit a flash hidder on the bushy upper ? was checking their website and the picture doesn't show any...or maybe is that only the threading ?

Link Posted: 10/23/2004 3:18:33 PM EST

Originally Posted By exocet:
so I can fit a flash hidder on the bushy upper ? was checking their website and the picture doesn't show any...or maybe is that only the threading ?

www.bushmaster.com/shopping/uppers/Images/pura2b16d.jpg

They should have a pre ban, my barrel was a post ban that was threaded for hider.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 3:27:15 PM EST
You can order a Dissy upper in a preban set up, you can also get it fluted. I ordered my M4 profile Dissy upper today--2-3 months wait. That's ok though it will be worth it.
I currently have a heavy Dissy (preban) with a rifle length SIR. I'm think of selling it

Mark
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 6:26:46 PM EST
Mark, that wait sucks. Is that for a full upper? I ordered just the M4 Dissy barrel assemby (threaded of course) on 10/9. I got order and shipping confirmation on 10/19. I had to call Bushmaster because they got my billing info wrong. I was suprised that my order was filled so quickly. The guy I spoke with said my order was delayed over the small parts I also ordered and not the barrel. BTW, this barrel will be replacing my Heavy Post ban Bushy Dissy barrel. I have a soft spot for dissies. I'll send my heavy Dissy barrel into ADCO later on for a little lightening, and some other fun stuff next year when things slow down, and I have more money. BallisticTip's YHM setup looked sweet!

220ST
Top Top