Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/28/2003 2:13:41 PM EDT
Hello.  I am looking into purchasing a collapsible stock.  What is the best one as far a quality, practicality, and ease of use?  I know that everyone has their personal preference but your suggestions are appreciated.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 2:25:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Uh oh, here we go [;)]
I think it's a matter of preference, if you want a no frills stock, the new style Colt (ribbed) is great, you'll find good prices at EE.  If you want more utility, Vltor gives you a better cheekweld and storage for batteries.  Both need Colt/Vltor/milspec extension tube.  I have no personal experience in this one, but the Magpull is supposed to be one of the best.  Like Vltor, it too is modular and has expansion possibilities.  Rich of Magpull is reportedly one of the nicest guys to deal with, again no first hand experience, I can however say that Eric of Vltor is awsome [:d]
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 2:38:11 PM EDT
[#2]
For the tradionalist:
[b]Rock River 6-position[/b]

VERY cool new twist on an old theme:
[b]Vltor[/b]

Robo-gun chic:
[b]Mag-pull[/b]

Everyone has their preferences.  I prefer the Vltor.  It does what I want VERY well.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 2:50:32 PM EDT
[#3]
A nice balance of cost, versatility and function.  (the cheek weld is awesome)

[b]Vltor[/b]

my favorite Vltor distributor = CCA

[url]http://www.coalcreekarmory.com[/url]
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 6:51:52 PM EDT
[#4]
I am leaning toward a Vltor stock.  How many positions does it have?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 7:29:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Colt's is 3 or 4, Vltor's excellent tube is 5 position.  I recommend getting it from Vltor instead of the expensive Colt, the extra cost simply isn't justified, Vltor's quality is equal or better.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 9:37:01 PM EDT
[#6]
I like the Vltor as well.  While the Magpul is more advanced and has some features the Vltor can't even compete with, it's just not for me from what I can see since I hang back on the stock instead of the majority nose-to-charging handle types.  I just ordered a Magpul to be sure though, then I'll make my final decision.  Until then, it's the Vltors for me.  My cheek be happy.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 11:51:33 PM EDT
[#7]
If you want something indestructible without any play and wobble get the ACE SOCOM (don't care for the name!). It has not the typical carbine look but after I had it in my hands I'm hooked up. [url]www.riflestocks.com[/url]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top