Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/15/2002 6:20:04 PM EDT
I am getting my new rifle this week and was wondering where the best place right now is to get mags. 20 or 30 rounders,cheap yet good enough to last a while. Any suggestions?I'm a newbie and don't really know where to look.
Link Posted: 12/15/2002 8:44:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Stick to USGI 20- and 30-rd pre-ban mags.  All of the manufacturers are fine except Cooper.  Ensure there are no dings, dents, feed lip cracks, or broken floorplates / floorplate tabs.

Check out the mag FAQ at the top of this discussion forum.

Where to buy mags?  Check out the "AR15 Magazines" section of the "Equipment Exchange" (click on the link in the top right corner of this page.)  Lots of decently priced mags in good shape there.

You can also find them at gun shows, but watch what you're buying.  Sometimes they're grossly overpriced ($28.00 for beat-up mags), or crappy (all I could find at the recent Market Hall show in Dallas were dented and dinged mags with feed lip cracks.)

[Edit] Use green followers in USGI 30-rd mags (see the green follower FAQ at the top of this forum.)

HTH,
Gabe
Link Posted: 12/15/2002 8:49:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/16/2002 12:03:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top