Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2004 5:14:28 PM EDT
Greetings,
Having been a relatively knowledgeable HK guy for many years, I began reading this site regularly 2 years ago in hopes of attaining the same level of knowledge with ARs. Unfortunately, this has not occured. Whether its because of too many manufacturers, possible modifications, or new accessories appearing daily, I just can't get a handle on ARs enough to decide on EXACTLY the best gun setup for my needs.
That said, I defer to the experts, you folks, and ask your guidance:
Who should I have build me my dream AR15 for use in carbine classes? As the title states, money is no object for this project.

Thanks for your assistance.

Corvette
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 5:23:00 PM EDT
[#1]
How about building it yourself?   You can pick and choose among the best components available and various vendors.  You can determine which bbl, upper, lower, handguards, sights, all you can imagine.   You'll also have pride of ownership in using something you assembled and made a one of a kind.  

Personally I'd probably buy an M4 chrome lined bbl from CMMG, an M4 upper from pretty much any maker, a forged lower with a nice aftermarket trigger, a compact ACOG or Eotech.  ARMS Buis.  All other components will be USGI stuff or equivalent.   Maybe some nice coyote furniture from Cav arms.  
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 5:24:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Just buy a Colt.
SAW has all the "LEOs" in stock.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 5:25:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Hey Corvette,
I have a few high dollar uppers built by Adco! The are extremely proffessional and have super fast shipping!!!
Give Steve an E-mail, he can build you anything you want and give you a few ideas at the same time
[email protected]
You wan't be disappointed!
Sean
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 5:37:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 5:38:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Something light if you're not swinging one around all day every day.  Carbine classes can get  tiring if you don't do it for a living.  Don't get too fancy...ie match triggers, wacky bolts, etc.  A working $700 gun is better than a broken $3000 gun.  A nice Colt, Bushy, RRA carbine with a railed handguard from LaRue or Daniel Defense, plus good optics (EOTech, or the shAIM-point) is all you need for casual use and the carbine classes you speak of.

If money was no object I'd get MSTN or ADCO to make me a bad-ass SPR off of a LMT MRP.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 5:47:11 PM EDT
[#6]
After some after market stuff to my bushy...I couldnt be happier...I was in the same boat as you...I wanted the best...i.e. money was no object....

and I feel that I have came pretty close to attaining it...

100% reliability from a rifle that is way more accurate than me..

I went with a 16" bushmaster postban carbine....

and added an

Eotech 552
Larue Eotech mount
Arms #40
Battlegrip
CAR stock that I got in a trade..soon to be a vltor modstock

I'll also be adding a rail system, surefire light,tango down vertical grip, flash suppressor and a few choice little things....I think its the perfect gun...some would argue..but it suits me just right!
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 10:48:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Greetings again,
Thanks for the replies.
Would anyone else care to recommend a builder and/or a rifle/components?

Corvette
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 11:12:28 AM EDT
[#8]
For optics, you can't really go wrong with an ACOG.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 11:14:55 AM EDT
[#9]
MSTN
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 11:17:40 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
MSTN

+1 I have 3 already with #4 in the pipeline
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 11:23:37 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Just buy a Colt.
SAW has all the "LEOs" in stock.

SAW?
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 11:25:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 11:43:41 AM EDT
[#13]
 MSTN or ADCO
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 12:05:24 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
 MSTN or ADCO

I would reccommend these two to anyone,  I would have to give Wes my vote since he helped me build mine.

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 12:31:38 PM EDT
[#15]
I would go with MSTN.  Ive dealt with Wes before.  He is a great guy who knows his stuff, and is a great builder.  Also he beat the quotes from the other builders i inquired about my build.  I cant comment on ADCO, but from the testimonies here in the board i think its safe to say that you will get a quality job and quickly.  He will be getting my Bushy to put a vortex installed permenatly as soon as funds catch up to the credit card bill.

Remman
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top