Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/9/2005 5:52:59 AM EDT
I was wondering which free floated quad rail system is best for the money...thanks
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:03:43 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:52:56 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:57:01 AM EDT

Originally Posted By C4iGrant:

Originally Posted By BookHound:
LaRue and Daniel Defense, in that order.

The DD tube is a bit lighter weight. The LaRue has four true 1913-spec rails. The DD rails at top and bottom are 1913-spec, but the sides are not. That shouldn't make a difference when mounting things to the rails, but I mention it because it gives the LaRue rail a rounder profile while the DD is a bit slimmer (more of an oval shape).

I have some of both and like them both. The LaRue does have a locking "key" to prevent the handguard nut from working loose. If you torque the DD handguard nut properly it shouldn't work loose. That said, I do like the key on the LaRue. It also help make sure the tube's top rail is aligned with upper's rail.

The DD is a two-piece tube that is welded. The LaRue is made from a solid piece of aluminum.

The DD rail comes with some rail guards or covers. The LaRue does not.

You won't go wrong with either.

Ditto.

C4

www.GRTactical.com

Word.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:54:08 AM EDT

Originally Posted By mongo001:

The DD tube is a bit lighter weight. The LaRue has four true 1913-spec rails. The DD rails at top and bottom are 1913-spec, but the sides are not. That shouldn't make a difference when mounting things to the rails, but I mention it because it gives the LaRue rail a rounder profile while the DD is a bit slimmer (more of an oval shape).

I have some of both and like them both. The LaRue does have a locking "key" to prevent the handguard nut from working loose. If you torque the DD handguard nut properly it shouldn't work loose. That said, I do like the key on the LaRue. It also help make sure the tube's top rail is aligned with upper's rail.

The DD is a two-piece tube that is welded. The LaRue is made from a solid piece of aluminum.

Ditto.

C4

www.GRTactical.com

Word.

uh- huh
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 9:02:46 AM EDT
I just ordered a Troy system for my AR6721 yesterday. I am looking forward to getting it.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 9:08:20 AM EDT

Originally Posted By INTrooper4255:
I just ordered a Troy system for my AR6721 yesterday. I am looking forward to regretting it.

Kidding, of course.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 9:14:43 AM EDT

Originally Posted By eklikwhoa:

Originally Posted By mongo001:

Ditto.

C4

www.GRTactical.com

Word.

uh- huh

Yup
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 9:24:20 AM EDT
LaRue = Texas :-)
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 10:26:30 AM EDT
Darren and Jesse are in TX too :)

Grenadier Precision Web page

As soon as they have some for sale (LWRC bought the last batch), you should check it out.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 12:37:13 PM EDT
Larue
Daniel Defense
KAC

Those are about all I'll consider anymore, in that order. If I ever had to have the uber tactical real fake short barrel, permanent muzzle BS, I'd get a two piece Troy set up. KAC's are so expensive that I don't even look at them anymore, but I still think they're a nice system.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 2:51:24 PM EDT
Whats up with the C-more?I got one because I liked the slots it has that are diagonal.I have only seen one here in pics.is it just not the style or is it a weight issue
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 3:07:58 PM EDT
Larue is the best rail.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 3:09:15 PM EDT

Originally Posted By west996:
Larue is the best rail.

Truer words haven't been spoken.
Top Top