Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 12/23/2008 5:34:36 PM EST
I am considering putting my Christmas money towards an AR-15. I live in CA now and had to leave my last AR behind in Missouri. But I understand with the "bullet buttons" there are some legal choices (at least for now) in CA. Any members from CA with a recommendation? (Due to a physical handicap I must reatin a pistol grip since I shoot one- armed)
Link Posted: 12/23/2008 5:48:58 PM EST
I have three ARs here in cali.

I'd go bullet button, you can get it for $25 online. Then invest in some 10 round magazines. Other than that everything (minus SBRs and full-auto and silencers) goes for your gun.
Link Posted: 12/23/2008 6:59:10 PM EST
[Last Edit: 12/23/2008 7:06:43 PM EST by RudyN]
I live in California also and have one AR built and am waiting for the upper for my second build. The first one has a U15 stock so that I can drop the magazine (10 rounders only). The second will have a Bullet Button so that it will look like a real AR and it will have 10 round magazines only. One of the better sites to learn about California Legal ARs is Calguns

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php

Here is a picture of the one with the U15 stock. It does look a bit strange though.

Link Posted: 12/23/2008 7:10:30 PM EST
This seems to be the hot ticket.
Raddlock

When you go to a place where you would use detachable mags it is just a turn of the screw, not a disassembly.
Link Posted: 12/23/2008 7:19:48 PM EST
Being from Texas I really don't understand what CA thinks it is accomplishing with their AR Penal Code. Seems like the best accessory for CA AR owners is a voter registration card.
Link Posted: 12/23/2008 7:29:57 PM EST
[Last Edit: 12/23/2008 7:35:22 PM EST by js308]
Originally Posted By HullarP:
I am considering putting my Christmas money towards an AR-15. I live in CA now and had to leave my last AR behind in Missouri. But I understand with the "bullet buttons" there are some legal choices (at least for now) in CA. Any members from CA with a recommendation? (Due to a physical handicap I must reatin a pistol grip since I shoot one- armed)

I would go LMT or Noveske if you want high end.
You can also go Stag, CMMG, Mega, POF, Rock River, etc...

I think you can pretty much get any AR brand you want as long as it's not Colt or Armalite. There might be one more brand I am missing.

Not sure where in Cali you live, but check out Cold War Shooters, they have a store in Highland, CA.
and check out J and J Armory in Costa Mesa, CA. I went to J and J about 2 weeks ago and they had an LMT MRP piston rifle on the rack. The price was pretty good.
Link Posted: 12/23/2008 7:56:04 PM EST
Call Chris at www.lanworldinc.com. He will take care of you. You will notice how great his prices are.
Top Top