Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/9/2004 2:21:53 PM EST
I'm getting ready for hunting next year and i'm wondering the best way to do a 5 round mag...

Does anyone make a very reliable mag?

Is it better to plug a 20rd mag with a dowel or something? (homemade style)

What do you guys do?
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 6:02:28 PM EST
The Bushmaster 5 round mag worked well for me when I had my Varminter. It's just a neutered 10 rounder, designed exactly for the purpose of hunting.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 10:06:08 PM EST
how is it blocked though? Is it a single dowel or something inside the body that doesn't allow the follower to go past the 5 rd limit?
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 2:05:13 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/11/2004 2:05:39 AM EST by djgolus]

Originally Posted By jar3ds:
how is it blocked though? Is it a single dowel or something inside the body that doesn't allow the follower to go past the 5 rd limit?

Basically, yes. I have one of the Busmaster 5rd mags.

Link Posted: 10/11/2004 9:09:08 AM EST

Originally Posted By djgolus:

which one is it a dowel or something in the body?

thanks!
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 5:00:00 PM EST
Well since you asked about the "best"

Armalite custom made me some 5-round mags several years ago. Black Teflon body, Armalite floorplates, Green Followers, with a tubular "block" pinned to the center post of the follower to limit capacity to exactly 5-Rounds.

when i bought them they were a custom thing, i sent back their first two attempts. the end result was a work of art. It may be a standard catalog item now, or they may have went with a simpler to mass produce version.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 2:53:13 AM EST

Originally Posted By djgolus:

which one is it a dowel or something in the body?

thanks!

Yes, there is a dowel in there. Looks just like the 10 rd mag.

Top Top