Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 7/18/2008 1:14:15 PM EDT
Hey guys. I'm in the process of filling out the paperwork for my SBR. I would like to get a 1/7 11.5 barrel to attach to my upper, so I do not need a complete assembly. I have heard good things about the LMT and CMMG, any others I should look into? Preferrably something that will definitely be in stock come build time. Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 4:14:39 PM EDT
LMT doesn't make a 11.5" barrel to my knowledge. The best alternatives would be Sabre or are the CMMG. BCM makes a nice complete upper but I'm not sure if Paul sells barrel assemblies separately (whenever they become available again). You get 1/7 twist, M4 ramps if you're into that, F stamped FSB if you choose & chrome lining, MPI barrel, HPT with the BCM I think & a few other things I can't recall at the moment.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 7:29:56 PM EDT
I am really liking this one!

Denny's VCQB 11.5"

I only have a couple of hundred rounds thru it so far. Shoots VERY well.

Link Posted: 7/18/2008 8:31:50 PM EDT
BCM/Paul's uppers could be available by the time your paperwork comes back. I'd get those over any others if you're looking for the 11.5. I know he has uppers coming late summer...

LMT 10.5's are also good to go. I personally limit my choices to those two, unless a Colt is also up for grabs.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 9:23:40 AM EDT

Originally Posted By chwi548:
BCM/Paul's uppers could be available by the time your paperwork comes back. I'd get those over any others if you're looking for the 11.5. I know he has uppers coming late summer...

LMT 10.5's are also good to go. I personally limit my choices to those two, unless a Colt is also up for grabs.

I think he was asking for barrels, not complete uppers.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 10:14:44 AM EDT
Yes, I am just interested in the barrel. I already have an upper, and would like to replace the current barrel with a 1/7 twist 11.5 inch barrel. As far as the LMT, someone had suggested I get a longer barrel and have it cut down, but I would think that for the price of the gunsmith I could just as easily buy a quality 11.5.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 2:44:07 PM EDT
If you would consider a 12.5" barrel Denny has the Operator... CMV, chrome lined, 1/7 twist and NATO chamber built off a Mike Rock blank so its accurate for a chrome lined barrel. Also available with an IonBond finish so the exerior is nearly indestructable and corrosion proof. Can fit back over the barrel cans like a Ops 12th or AAC SPR/M4 that an 11.5" barrel cannot.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 2:55:10 PM EDT
Bushmaster.

It may not be as gucci, but it will work very well and it is a factory 11.5, the chamber is not too tight to have extraction issues. Remember you said "for the money".
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 7:23:58 PM EDT

Originally Posted By nobody-really:
Bushmaster.

It may not be as gucci, but it will work very well and it is a factory 11.5, the chamber is not too tight to have extraction issues. Remember you said "for the money".

The Bushmaster barrels kits are a pretty good bargain if price is very important.

Another reason I picked Denny's barrel is for suppressor use.

From the description:

Muzzle threads are cut concentric to the bore so no baffle strikes if you run a silencer. The barrels are match crowned and the barrel face at the beginning of the threads is dead nuts flat.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:35:06 AM EDT
Thanks for all the great suggestions guys.

Utah: I was thinking about maybe running the suppressor, so I will definitely give a good look into the Denny's Guns barrel.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:56:57 AM EDT
If they come back soon, the BCM barrels are supposed to be the best.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 2:13:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/20/2008 2:15:08 PM EDT by UtahShotgunner]

Originally Posted By Andrew1985:

Utah: I was thinking about maybe running the suppressor, so I will definitely give a good look into the Denny's Guns barrel.

Call Denny. This was my first SBR and first suppressor.

I had narrowed it down to Denny and a couple of others. Just by chance I called Denny first with my questions. He so obviously knew his products and had a passion for them, I never called the other barrel suppliers.

ETA: I almost forgot to mention that Denny is just plain fun to chat with. He almost had me talked into borrowing money to buy an M-16 (not from him) before we got off the phone. He REALLY likes his Class III stuff.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 4:58:57 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Andrew1985:

If you use Denny's barrel with a suppressor it will look something like this.

Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:00:41 PM EDT
Andrew,

Look familiar?

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=387503

Denny's VCQB are made by CLE.
Top Top