Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/12/2004 2:31:00 PM EDT
I'm in the process of buying a .50 Beowulf upper and was curious as to how the ACOG would perform on one of these uppers. I know they are designed TOUGH but .50 is a long way from a .223. Anyone tried one?
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 2:46:56 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I'm in the process of buying a .50 Beowulf upper and was curious as to how the ACOG would perform on one of these uppers. I know they are designed TOUGH but .50 is a long way from a .223. Anyone tried one?

I'm sure that they are plenty tough enough, but I would not even think of using one (a TA31 anyway) on a .50 Beowulf because of the very short eye relief.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 3:32:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Ugh....2.4" of eye relief or less and a heavy recoiler like the Beowulf.......

Take pics of the stitches.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 4:24:34 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

You'd be better off with a reflex sight, a good quality pistol scope or an intermediate eye relief scope. An ACOG will smack you in the eyebrow and probably cut it to the bone. Like Shivan says, take pix of the stitches.

I use a Smith and Wesson 1x dot scope on mine and have had no issues with it.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 4:41:14 PM EDT
[#4]
I've done it with the mini ACOG, you can still get scope bite though, TRUST ME
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 6:19:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the "heads up" guys!!!  I'm really not into stiches or bleeding... I guess I'll keep the ACOG on the .223 uppers.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 2:48:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Actually guy I HAD intended to use my TA01 on it but it is only rated at 1.4 inch eye relief !!!  I know it's an age old argument like Chevy vs. Ford, but which optic would be better on a Beowulf?  Eotech or Aimpoint ML2 as far as durability, SAFE eye relief, accuracy?  Thanks for the input guys.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 2:51:14 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
which optic would be better on a Beowulf?  Eotech or Aimpoint ML2 as far as durability, SAFE eye relief, accuracy?  Thanks for the input guys.

Whichever one you like better.   Neither has a reputation for being fragile, both have infinite eye relief, both are just as accurate.

What I think would be interesting is a pistol scope mounted out on a railed handguard.   It would also have the added benefit of moving some weight forward and reducing muzzle climb.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 3:10:13 PM EDT
[#8]
A 1.5x or 2x compact may work.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 10:52:31 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
which optic would be better on a Beowulf?  Eotech or Aimpoint ML2 as far as durability, SAFE eye relief, accuracy?  Thanks for the input guys.

Whichever one you like better.   Neither has a reputation for being fragile, both have infinite eye relief, both are just as accurate.

What I think would be interesting is a pistol scope mounted out on a railed handguard.   It would also have the added benefit of moving some weight forward and reducing muzzle climb.

I had a 2-8 x 32mm Leupold Vari-X on my 'wulf awhile back. It worked well, but a fella wanted it for his Contender .375JDJ (talk about a cannon!). I bought the S&W with a 'little' of the money from the Leupold.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 5:54:51 PM EDT
[#10]
I use only the best on my Wulf , BSA $29.95 from wal-mart , lol  I fully expected it to fall apart on first shot but its still going strong. It works for now till I can afford something else .
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 8:14:30 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I had a 2-8 x 32mm Leupold Vari-X on my 'wulf awhile back. It worked well, but a fella wanted it for his Contender .375JDJ (talk about a cannon!). I bought the S&W with a 'little' of the money from the Leupold.

I have that same scope mounted on a Super Blackhawk.   Great scope, but the Beowulf isn't getting it, the Ruger doesn't want to share
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top