Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/15/2012 8:51:35 PM EDT
Does anyone know a good bore sight that will work in the Beowulf?
Link Posted: 7/16/2012 2:48:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Your eye will work better than any product you can buy to do it. Take the upper off, pull the BCG out and rest it on sand bags or something similar. Adjust it so the target is in the dead center of the bore.  Then, without moving the upper, adjust your scope(or sights) to the center of the target.  Double check to make sure both are lined up on the center, then put it back together. First shot will be on paper, adjust from there. I do it at 100 yards and am within 10" of center every time. For your first time you may want to do it at 50 or even 25 yards.

Don't waste any money on a bore sight for any rifle, this will work every time.

Good luck,
Erik
Link Posted: 7/16/2012 6:51:25 AM EDT
[#2]
You do not need a bore sighter at all. Just walk up on the target and fire a round. If your first round is not on paper then walk up closer and fire another round. This time you should be on paper. Make corrections and move back to 50 yards. Fire and make corrections. If you are zeroing at 100 yards then you can move back to 100 yards, fire and make corrections until you are zeroed in.

You can buy a bore sight, but all that will do is ensure that your first round is on paper. It pretty much just saves you the cost of a few rounds, but you pay a hell of a lot more for the bore sight. It's just a gadget to sell. If you really really want one then simply Google the term "Beowulf bore sighter" and see what comes up.
Link Posted: 7/16/2012 8:55:28 AM EDT
[#3]
SLite Laser Boresighter SL-150

http://www.sitelite-lasers.com/products.php?PROD=SL150

I use it every day to align new sight installs on Saiga shotguns.  It will work will all calibers from .22 to 12 gauge.  It also works well when correcting front sight cant on AR's and AK's.
I have quite a few other ones that are in the junk heap, while the SL150 just works like it should, day in and day out.

Tony Rumore
Tromix

Link Posted: 7/16/2012 1:42:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks...I know about doing it without the bore sight.

Thanks Tony! That's perfect since we have just about every mainstream caliber.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top