Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
11/20/2019 5:07:11 PM
Posted: 10/26/2013 11:28:52 AM EST
Just got done shooting my new Beowulf. The way I'm running it now is with a standard carbine spring and a Spike's ST-T2 buffer. Recoil is a bit intense. Would adding a Sprinco Red or blue extra power spring do anything for me?
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 4:45:10 AM EST
Carbine or rifle buttstock? I use a .308 hydraulic buffer in my carbine. Recoil is better. Also takes some of the pressure off the optics. Just a thought. My recoil went from similar to a 12ga. To more like 20ga. Maybe less.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 10:00:02 AM EST
On my Beowulf, I am using a A2 buttstock with a Limbsaver recoil pad. The pad helps but it still rattles your teeth
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 12:55:33 PM EST
I 've built more of an M-4 with a magpul ACS, Nothing but the rubber pad that it comes with. I did go with a .308 hydro buffer. It does seem to tame it a bit. Might be worth investigating the rifle version. How about a muzzle brake? I also went with the A.A. factory muzzle brake. Without a brake you would also feel more of the recoil.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 11:14:53 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/28/2013 11:17:58 AM EST by allensaldi]
It has a Pepperpot Muzzle Brake on it but I ordered a King Armory Muzzle Brake that arrived today.

It is running a collapsible stock with a Magpul CTR with the enhanced buttpad. Inside the buffer tube is a Spikes T2 buffer and a standard carbine spring.

I might just live with it. If it works then why worry about it?

This is how she looks at this point in time. I should have all the parts I ordered installed by next weekend.

This is a video of my not so great attempt at a 10rd magazine dump. I know there is no optic on the rifle I was just running it to make sure it worked.

Beowulf Fast Fire

Edit: In the video I should like crap because I'm trying to fight off a sinus cold. LoL!
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 11:35:12 AM EST
Very nice. Yeh you might have a point in having to live with it. Sounds like a pretty nice setup at any rate.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 2:53:55 PM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Templar7:
Very nice. Yeh you might have a point in having to live with it. Sounds like a pretty nice setup at any rate.
View Quote

Thanks a bunch. Wait till you see what I have ordered for her. I should have it all on within, at most, a month,
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:04:10 PM EST
I use a Wolf +10% spring and an MGI RRB buffer in mine. It does make a noticeable improvement in perceived recoil. A muzzle brake is a waste of money on a Beowulf IMHO. With only around 40 grains of powder and around 400 grain bullets and a half inch bore even the best muzzle brake will only be maybe 5% effective.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 4:24:46 PM EST
Originally Posted By Wirebrush:
I use a Wolf +10% spring and an MGI RRB buffer in mine. It does make a noticeable improvement in perceived recoil. A muzzle brake is a waste of money on a Beowulf IMHO. With only around 40 grains of powder and around 400 grain bullets and a half inch bore even the best muzzle brake will only be maybe 5% effective.
View Quote

What is the weight of that buffer?
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 4:54:18 PM EST
I think I am going to try one of those Wolff extra power springs. , For $12.99 @ Midway, it's worth a try, Customer reviews are encouraging. I am using a A2 rifle stock with the already big and heavy buffer
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 5:35:50 PM EST
Spike has the ST-T3 buffer @ 154g/5.4oz too
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 5:43:04 PM EST
Originally Posted By allensaldi:
It has a Pepperpot Muzzle Brake on it but I ordered a King Armory Muzzle Brake that arrived today.

It is running a collapsible stock with a Magpul CTR with the enhanced buttpad. Inside the buffer tube is a Spikes T2 buffer and a standard carbine spring.

This is how she looks at this point in time. I should have all the parts I ordered installed by next weekend.

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5481/10415294035_72e5e7e71a_z.jpg

This is a video of my not so great attempt at a 10rd magazine dump. I know there is no optic on the rifle I was just running it to make sure it worked.

Beowulf Fast Fire

Edit: In the video I should like crap because I'm trying to fight off a sinus cold. LoL!
View Quote

is that the 12 inch upper?
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:11:22 PM EST

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

7.1 oz
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 8:22:23 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/28/2013 8:25:56 PM EST by Slash]
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 6:20:15 AM EST

7.1 oz
View All Quotes

7.1 oz

Additionally, the spring loaded buffer bumper lessens the hard stop at the rearmost point of travel on the buffer/carrier.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 11:30:30 AM EST
I have the MGI buffer thought it helped. I will try the new wolf spring too.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 11:49:42 AM EST
That is badass!

Beowulf Fast Fire

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/29/2013 3:49:08 PM EST
I loaded up some 400 g sierra and them little guys pack some punch lol
http://pic80.picturetrail.com/VOL965/3750481/23294952/407904727.jpg
still working on loads
I don't have a brake on my Beowulf I wanted to order one from AA but there lead times are way too long
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 4:05:25 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/29/2013 4:06:51 PM EST by allensaldi]
Originally Posted By ArmedSerenity:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ArmedSerenity:

Beowulf Fast Fire

Yeppers. Wait time was pretty long to get it.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 4:10:17 PM EST
I ordered all three types of Sprinco buffer spring. I ordered the White(standard), Blue(stronger), and the Red(strongest) to try them all out. I really like the Spikes T2 buffer because it uses poweder and the weights don't bounce around and cause all that noise.

Link Posted: 10/29/2013 4:42:56 PM EST
Originally Posted By Slash:
I humbly suggest an XH carbine buffer (8.5 oz) and a Wolff XP carbine buffer spring.

More info: www.heavybuffers.com/ar15carbine

<a href="http://www.heavybuffers.com/ar15carbine" target="_blank">http://www.heavybuffers.com/images/Products/XH%20CAR%20Buffer.gif</a>

View Quote

Lets talk about this buffer here. Fill me in on the details. Why would someone in my shoes choose this over one of your HSS Buffers?
Top Top