Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 10/21/2004 2:56:15 PM EST
I'm pretty set on getting a complete RRA M4 upper from ADCO. Chrome lined, normal single stage trigger, flat top A3 with the removable carrying handle for $520. That seems like a great price for a good upper.

But before I get this, any other ideas that are better than this one? I'm talking about in this general price range, not some $750 LMT or anything.

BTW, I've already ordered a RRA LPK, Hogue grip and M4 buttstock and I already have a Ameetec lower if any of this matters.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 2:59:48 PM EST
Get a flip BUIS instead of the carry handle, if you ever want to get optics.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:11:08 PM EST
Affirm, dump the carry handle and spend the money on a ARMS 40 (A or L), or whoever you favorite make is. YHM is probably another good deal, especially if your funds are a consideration.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 7:06:03 AM EST
I don't know what an ARMS 40 is. I'll probably just use the iron sites. I would just get an A2 but they don't make them that's why I'm getting the carrying handle. If for some reason down the road if I decide to use some sort of optics at least I would be able to.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 7:55:31 AM EST

Originally Posted By 89grand:
I don't know what an ARMS 40 is. I'll probably just use the iron sites. I would just get an A2 but they don't make them that's why I'm getting the carrying handle. If for some reason down the road if I decide to use some sort of optics at least I would be able to.

You can use a detachable carry handle, but if you decide to for optics later on, then you won't be able to use the detachable carry handle anymore (unless you cut it down like a LMT BUIS). This is why you should go a LMT, ARMS or LaRue unit which will let you start with irons but can be retained for use as a BUIS when you decide to add optics later. The price for one of the BUIS sights listed above is on par with a quality detach. carry handle.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 2:02:36 PM EST

Originally Posted By Engineer:

You can use a detachable carry handle, but if you decide to for optics later on, then you won't be able to use the detachable carry handle anymore (unless you cut it down like a LMT BUIS). This is why you should go a LMT, ARMS or LaRue unit which will let you start with irons but can be retained for use as a BUIS when you decide to add optics later. The price for one of the BUIS sights listed above is on par with a quality detach. carry handle.

+1
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 4:04:49 AM EST
An ARMS 40 is a flip up style iron sight that you can get out of the way when using an optic.

Here it is the greyish piece at the very back of the flat top.
Top Top