Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 8/1/2009 7:12:20 AM EST
I saw this video on Youtube. Can't remember the title, I'll try to find it. Anyway this guy who runs a shoot school recommended lubing the bolt and carrier with bearing grease. On the carrier he only put it on the four rails that made contact with the reciever. he stated that they shot high rounds in his schools with multiple guns and this is how they have always done it with no failures. Any comments on this? Also when they say" run your gun wet" do they mean just that? Is the bolt actually soaked with lube?
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 10:15:05 AM EST
It would have to be a aircraft type wheel high Temp. grease. But myself I say stick to the real firearm grease's
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 5:27:58 PM EST
Here is the video

Personally I use James Yeager method of lubing a AR 15, but if you would rather use oil then I would suggest this http://www.ar15.com/content/swat/keepitrunning.pdf
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 6:59:49 AM EST
I use a touch of weapons grease on the rails of my BCG. It's much lighter than the typical bearing grease. You should experiment with it as grease can trap carbon and other debris much easier than regular lube can. You'll need to find what works for you in your shooting environment with your anticipated round counts.
Top Top