Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/27/2004 3:13:07 AM EST
Has anyone invented such a thing?
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 3:29:45 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/27/2004 3:30:30 AM EST by redmenace]
How about something like this?

Its a side sling adapter with a ring for mounting a flashlight.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 9:14:49 AM EST
redmanace -

Where can I get one of those??? I was just about to post the same question. I have a bayonett lug on my shotgun, and I wanted to use it to mount a light.

MadDog
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:15:09 PM EST

Originally Posted By redmenace:
How about something like this?

www.grsc.com/Aracuf.jpg

Its a side sling adapter with a ring for mounting a flashlight.

Nice work, but (and I don't mean to hijack Rodent's thread) I'm thinking something that is semi-permanently attached to the light, but wil snap on/off the bayonet lug (the way a bayonet does) would make the light more useful... just as a bayonet is useful as a utility knife.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 12:46:14 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/28/2004 12:47:48 AM EST by redmenace]

Originally Posted By MadDogDan:
redmanace -

Where can I get one of those??? I was just about to post the same question. I have a bayonett lug on my shotgun, and I wanted to use it to mount a light.

MadDog

I've never dealt with them before nor have i seen the product in person. But, it was reviewed at the Maryland Ar15 shooters site (article on tactical lights).

Here is their site : www.gsrc.com

Nice work, but (and I don't mean to hijack Rodent's thread) I'm thinking something that is semi-permanently attached to the light, but wil snap on/off the bayonet lug (the way a bayonet does) would make the light more useful... just as a bayonet is useful as a utility knife.

That actually sounds like a pretty cool idea. Havent seen anything like it though. Let us know if you find something. You could mount/dismount the light with the ease of having it attached to a rail without having to shell out to buy the rail system.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 5:38:39 AM EST

Sure about that link? Looks like some rail transport company in China.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 5:50:28 AM EST
I don't know anything about currently available models, but....

This is the only one I've seen - I bought it at, believe it or not, a garage sale. It was made by Sage International. I think it fits subguns or other very short barreled weapon. Yes, it still works, and yes it's too heavy. For $3, what did I care??

Link Posted: 9/28/2004 7:27:36 AM EST

Originally Posted By gus:

This is the only one I've seen - I bought it at, believe it or not, a garage sale. It was made by Sage International. I think it fits subguns or other very short barreled weapon. Yes, it still works, and yes it's too heavy. For $3, what did I care??

photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=400

Yeah, looks a bit dangly, but overkill on the light holder part... but its along the right lines...
I may post something to WTB for a beater bayonet to chop up for parts.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 12:19:25 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/1/2004 12:20:01 AM EST by redmenace]

Originally Posted By plarkinjr:

Sure about that link? Looks like some rail transport company in China.

Well you see i am apparently dislexic or something and transposed the S and the R.

Here is the actual link www.grsc.com/

Edited because i did the same stupid thing TWICE.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 8:08:17 AM EST
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 11:58:21 AM EST

Originally Posted By BrightFlashlights:

Originally Posted By gus:

photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=400

Looks like a match for an M3 Greasegun!

Amazingly, Sage Intl. still lists it on their website - it's called the "Force Tactical" model and lists for a measley $203!!! Maybe it costs so much because it's rechargeable.... Mine is mid `80's vintage per the paperwork that was with it.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 6:29:05 PM EST
I have an IMI bayonet lug mount for my Steamlight M3. It slips onto the lug and secures with a single hex screw. I was very happy with the set up on my M4 until... One day I pulled my rifle out from its case, looked at it, and said, "Hmmmmmmm, what's wrong with this picture?" The light AND mount were missing. I went back to the range I shot at the previous day and found the unit laying in the grass between my firing position and the target. I've had that setup for about two years with zero trouble. I figure barrel heat from sustained fire eventually worked it loose, OR, I'm just a moron and didn't secure it properly in the first place. My M3 now rides on a rail on the handguards...
Top Top