Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/17/2003 2:56:37 PM EDT
I've just purchased a new Flattop 16" carbine, with an ARMS #40 flip-up rear sight. I got the rear sight from Pete-in-N.H. who made me aware of the fact that I'll need a .040 taller front sight post, so I got that and installed it too. So far, so good.

Now when it comes to zeroing the weapon(since the ARMS has no elevation wheel, only windage) do I set the elevation w/the front sight post as usual per instructions for "Sighting In" found on this websight? If so, which is more accurate as far as zeroing, yds or meters, and at what distance? Despite reading the 25meter zeroing procedures on this websight, I've also read varying instructions that have you shooting/zeroing @ 300 meters! Can anyone who has installed and used the ARMS #40 help me out with how they zeroed their weapon, just to be sure I'm on the right track. Thanks in advance!

Cpl West
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 4:05:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/17/2003 4:06:24 PM EDT by Gunslinger808]
If you battle sight at 25 METERS the point of impact will be in the ten ring at 100 AND 300 meters due to the bullets trajectory. Edited to add: Yes, use the front sight to adjust for elevation as with normal A1 sights.
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 5:09:51 PM EDT
Thanks Gunslinger, I appreciate the feedback. Out to the back yard I go!
Top Top