Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/15/2003 8:06:02 PM EDT
Can anyone tell me the approximate life of AA batteries in the EOtech sight?  Can you use Lithium AAs or is the voltage too high?  Anyone know about the new Hakko?- Type of batteries or battery life?
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 8:47:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, you can use lithiums in an EOTech.  Actually, the lithiums are recommended as they claim you can get around 500 hours of life out of them.  I never counted the hours, but I think they may be right.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 7:27:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Well if someone can dig up the post I did a couple of months ago you can see my test results.

Unfortunetly EO Tech only shows battery life based on the sight being at setting 12 (the default setting).  That setting is too low for daylight use.

You can use Lithium, Alkaline, or NiMH rechargables.  Battery life is longet with the Lithium shortest with the NiMH.  You should get at least 32 Eight(8) hour cycles with the Lithium at those settings.

IIRC I got Twenty (20) eight hour cyles out of a freshly charged pair of NiMH with an average setting of 16.5 (half were on 17 the other half 16).

[i]Edited to fix # cycles & finish my thought[/i]
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 3:01:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Well if someone can dig up the post I did a couple of months ago you can see my test results.
(
View Quote

As you wish...

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=18&t=172500&w=searchPop[/url]

[;)]
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 3:27:00 AM EDT
[#4]
I just picked up a butt load of AA 2300, if you can get them, use them, they will last longer.  The problem is that most chargers only go to 2100 so you need to do the research on it.  HTH
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top