Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/14/2004 11:52:14 AM EDT
I have a question about the Remington UMC (I beleive is the name if i remember correctly). Is that a reman ammo or what because I looked at the ammo yesterday and it had discoloration on the end of the casing where the bullet meets the shell and it looked like it may have been from heat but I have no clue? Thanks alot I was just curious
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 12:26:23 PM EDT
[#1]
It's not remanufactured ammo. The discoloration you described is normal. I believe this is from the annealing process, someone correct me if I am wrong.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 12:41:35 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
It's not remanufactured ammo. The discoloration you described is normal. I believe this is from the annealing process, someone correct me if I am wrong.

You are correct. I have used Remmington UMC it is good.

Link Posted: 10/14/2004 12:55:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 7:57:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah the BassPro here in Nashville was wanting about $49 for a box of 200 UMC
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 8:13:40 AM EDT
[#5]
All the Win Q3131A made in Israel has this same discoloration which is normal.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 8:20:42 AM EDT
[#6]
The discoloration is from the annealing process and is normal, it is often seen on military ammo cause the military is more interested in performance than cosmetics, on higher priced commercial ammo the discoloration is usually polished out.

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 9:17:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks thats what I was wanting to know
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 10:50:56 AM EDT
[#8]
I was wondering about the discoloration too. My bulk Winchester ammo does not have this discoloration, not like the Remington UMC.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top