Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/20/2005 3:49:07 PM EDT
Title says it all.  Does anyone know if ammunition is included in the "excluding certain items" verbage???

I assume it probably is NOT part of the discount, but ya never know.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:23:09 PM EDT
[#1]
The Bass Pro here always has a 10% for military.  Its pretty nice getting Q3131 for $4 a box, I have a nice little stash now.  Not to sure about the 15%, but I might go this week and buy some more just to see.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 1:18:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes, It's a standing 10%. I used to purchase a case a month of 3131A. No longer available...
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 1:21:55 AM EDT
[#3]
nearest sporitng good store here is Scheels, and they don't match the offer.

neither does cabellas, nor gander mountain.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 7:34:05 AM EDT
[#4]

That nice. Unfortunately, Bass Pro's ammo prices are so high to start, that the "discount" only brings the price of Q3131 to around the other ammo dealer's prices.

Link Posted: 12/27/2005 5:08:14 PM EDT
[#5]
That's curious because I was just at the Bass Pro in Council Bluffs IA and was purchasing Q3131 because of what I read here with my military ID and was told that they do NOT offer any discounts to military. I even had her ask her supervisor.

Is it only some stores?
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 8:39:24 AM EDT
[#6]

Do a google for Bass Pro Military Discount, print off the press releases and show it to them.

If they refuse, I'd call a regional manager.

Link Posted: 1/4/2006 8:19:20 AM EDT
[#7]

Well, I tried my store and they pulled the same crap, stating the discoutn was only offered at certain times, but there was no way of knowing when

I emailed the manager and he said the same thing.  Here is his email response:

I wanted to thank you for your question and introduce myself, my name is David Smith and I am the store manager for the store in Columbia, MO.  To answer your question about the Military Discount’s current status/frequency and the communication of its activation I will refer to our current corporate policy.  The discount is active several times throughout the year as it is an event based program currently.  The communication is traditionally made in newspaper ads prior to the event as well as it being posted in the store.

I made several calls this morning to insure my information was current before sending you this email.  I was assured that the company is looking at the current status of the program and also looking for was to improve the mode of communication.

If I have failed to answer your question or if I can be of further assistance please feel free to email me at [email protected] or call me at 573-886-7101.

Considering every Military website and the USO list BassPro as offering 15% off ALL THE TIME, I think we should start a mass email to Bass Pro to get this fixed.  That, or take them off the discount list for USO.

Link Posted: 1/4/2006 8:38:46 AM EDT
[#8]
10% off for me, all the time, year round.  Bass Pro store on Power Plant, in Hampton, VA.

Of course, this area does have a large military population.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 8:59:55 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
nearest sporitng good store here is Scheels, and they don't match the offer.

neither does cabellas, nor gander mountain.

Weird, Cabellas in Fort Worth, Texas has a 10% military discount on EVERYTHING.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 9:47:59 AM EDT
[#10]
The information I found from the USO was about basically "event based" discounts at Bass Pro Shops.  And the Bass Pro Shops press releases I've found online are also similarly linked to specific events.

It's a bummer that they don't let their own managers know what their criteria are for offering the discounts.  Dumb, if you ask me.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 12:37:32 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
10% off for me, all the time, year round.  Bass Pro store on Power Plant, in Hampton, VA.

Of course, this area does have a large military population.hug.gif

Same one I go to.  Knew I wasn't the only one buyin 5.56 at that one.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 1:58:03 PM EDT
[#12]

This says 15%.  Doesnt mention certain dates.

www.uso.org/pubs/8_29_9867.CFM

Honestly, I don't care if they do or don't.  

What bugs me is:
 #1  Shady advertising of a discount that apparantly only applies when it is trendy
 #2 Inconsistancy b/n stores
 #3 There is no way of knowing when they magically decide to offer the discount
 #4  Their prices suck *ss.  The "discount" only makes them somewhat competitive

Screw em.  I'll give my business to Weidners, Nathtchez, etc.

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:30:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Went to the Pro Bass store in Grapevine, TX last Monday 1/2/06.  I ask about the discount and the clerk said no discount.  I asked for a manager and he told me that the Main Office informed him of no more discounts.  They would not be supporting the Troups after the first of the year.  And that they would not be supporting the war in Irag. He also said Cindy Sheehan will start touring the stores.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 11:39:51 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Went to the Pro Bass store in Grapevine, TX last Monday 1/2/06.  I ask about the discount and the clerk said no discount.  I asked for a manager and he told me that the Main Office informed him of no more discounts.  They would not be supporting the Troups after the first of the year.  And that they would not be supporting the war in Irag. He also said Cindy Sheehan will start touring the stores.

are you serious?

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 5:16:03 AM EDT
[#15]
I just sent an e-mail to Bass Pro Shops regarding the statement.  I simply asked if it was 'true or not true".  

Will post reply, if I receive one.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top